It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2003, 06:32 PM   #1

toadybooboo HB User
Angry Husband had a vasectomy and I'm pregnant!!!

I am in total shock so please bear with me. I am a new member and desperately looking for some answers and came across this site.

I have not been feeling very well lately. I never imagined I was pregnant - in fact, I thought I was going through early menopause...or had the flu!!

I am pregnant! The test was positive! My husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago, a month before our youngest child was born. I don't know what to do! I haven't told my husband. Accusing me of being unfaithful will not be an option - he will know that it is his. I'm more concerned that he will be thrilled. It is me that does not want a baby. We already have six children! They are 21, 19, 17, 14, 12 and 7. I just graduated from university last year and have a great job. The daycare situation is done! I feel like crying.

What am I going to do??? What will I tell people?? What will my kids say?? My daughter is getting married this summer and can't wait to make me a grandmother! I am 38 years old by the way. Am I too old to have a baby??

------------------
Survival is a Talent!
~mom to many~

~mom to many~
DS, Jordan 21
DD, Brittany 19
DD, Amberly 17
DS, Morgan 13
DD, Shelby 11
DS, Darian 7
EDD January 27, 2004

Old 06-03-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Inactive

lil squirt HB User
Your not to old. My mother was 45 when she had my little sister. I was 17 my brother was 20. Built in babysitters.
We were all shocked but super excited also. You will have lots of help with the little one.
I hope everything turns out for you. I just wanted to let you know about my mom. My sister is now almost 12 and as healthy as a horse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2003, 07:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Oh my God what a total shocker! For some reason you were meant to have another baby. I wish you the best of luck. And you are not too old!
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 01-04-04

Old 06-03-2003, 07:27 PM   #4
Veteran

wattagirl HB User
ugh-now i'm nervous-my hubby is scheduled for his vasectomy on the 20 th and your post makes me very nervous-what are the odds of this happening

Old 06-03-2003, 09:24 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
A friend of mine got pregnant with her third baby after he husband got a Vasectomy. baby #2 was only 10 months old. He husband hadn't gone back for his second post op check up. She got her tubes tied after baby number three.
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 06-04-2003, 01:01 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

nela HB User
Well, if you're too old to have your 7th child at 38, then I must be ancient for still trying for my first at the same age!
Of course you're not too old!

I know it must be a shocker but age isn't the real problem here...it's that you've established a life without a new baby and if you have it, then your life will change....

Old 06-04-2003, 01:45 AM   #7
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi, I have had a similar situation.....My DH was told about 15 yrs ago that he could not have anymore children due to an accident....I went to the doctors in Feb this yr for the same reasons as you, thought I was going through early menopause or had a hormone imbalance or something....I too came back with a positive pregnancy test.....I am 35 yrs old this year and my son will be a couple of months off of turning 18 when my daughter is born.....I believe she is meant to be...NOt only the fact my DH couldnt have more children, but I also had medical issues affecting fertility...I guess it all comes down to what your beliefs are......I guess it is still a huge shock for you, maybe when it sinks in a bit more you may feel differently...GOOD LUCK WITH WHATEVER YOU DECIDE

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL

Old 06-04-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
I don't know what your religious beliefs are....but, I feel like this baby in your uterous is a miracle beyond words. God has chosen you to raise this child. Maybe because you did such a good job with your other children. I think it is wonderful. You will have a lot of help. And you can call this your little miracle baby.

My mom had me when she was 38. We are best friends now. We do everything together. My oldest sister is 45 years old. Her son (my nephew) is only 5 years younger than me. I am the coolest aunt in his eyes. Because I am so close to his age.

I worked with a lady that had twins at age 44. She is a wonderful mother.

God has asked you to do this one more time. Are you going to tell him "No"?

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

Old 06-04-2003, 05:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

autumnleaves HB User
How I wish I was in your shoes. I am 44 in a little over two weeks and my husband and I want a child together. I would be thanking God in your shoes. I wish you the best of luck and hope you come to feel very happy and positive about this baby! Miracles do not happen every day...Keep your chin up, sweetie.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
Wow http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

I have read about some very uncommon cases similar to yours. I would say God really wants you to have this baby If you let yourself get over the initial shock, I bet your excitment will grow, and continue to grow untill you have your baby in your arms. Than, most likely, you will not be able to imagine life without him/her

Old 06-04-2003, 08:48 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif

This sounds like a miracle baby to me!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03

Old 06-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #12
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
My DF is getting a vas this summer and now I wonder! He has super sperm. Did your husband ever go back to get the re-tests after the procedure? You're sure he had it done right? Dumb question I know, but hey.

I think 38 is fine. Some first time mom's are 38 or older! Brooke Shields is 40 or 41 I think. She just had her first baby a week ago.

I think it will be wonderful to have a little one right now. I don't know your whole situation, but I will say this. Everyone tells me that if you ever get pregnant after having a sterilization procedure then that little one was TRULY meant to be. Imagine the odds (and I'm sure you are) yet God did this for a reason. He does not make mistakes.

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #13

toadybooboo HB User
Thank you to everyone for your prompt and supportive responses - I really need this right now. I just can't get over the feeling that this is somehow unfair! For years we struggled financially and raised six kids. We both worked our butts off, while going to university part-time. When our youngest started school two years ago I went back full time and did a masters degree. I now have the career that I always wanted. We bought a great house. I have a car that starts every morning. We were going to take a REAL vacation this year. The oldest two kids are in university full time - totally focused. I have time to do the gardening, walk slowly through the grocery store, dawdle at the bookstore....*sigh*....I can't imagine why this would happen to me. I think I need to sit on this for a couple more days and sort it out. I do have a lot of faith in God and feel that God has one wacky sense of humour! Abortion is going to be out of the question. My husband is going to be over the top with excitement. I just don't want to tell him until I sort through my own feelings.

I still can't stop bawling over this. Everyone thinks I have allergies.

------------------
Survival is a Talent!
~mom to many~

~mom to many~
DS, Jordan 21
DD, Brittany 19
DD, Amberly 17
DS, Morgan 13
DD, Shelby 11
DS, Darian 7
EDD January 27, 2004

Old 06-04-2003, 12:15 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
I think you are so blessed, not only to have six children already; but to be blessed with one more. I'd have given anything to have had one more baby, even at age 38 or older, but it was not to be.

You have accomplished so much while raising your family, you should be proud of yourself. Keep in mind that babies are only babies for a very short time and with all your older children, I'm sure that the new baby will doted on and loved more than you ever thought. Congratulations!

Old 06-04-2003, 12:47 PM   #15
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Raising this one will nearly be like raising a seperate child from the rest. You might find this to be just what you needed (oddly I know). You can STILL go on vacation this year too. The baby won't even be here yet. How far along are you?

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

Closed Thread