It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 08:35 AM   #1
Veteran

Momofa4yrold HB User
Post How do I know if I lost my mucus plug?

I have so much discharge anyway. I have just been watching for blood. But, now I have heard that you don't always pass blood when you lose your plug.

I thought that I had lost it the other day. A big clunk of mucas came out at one time, and ever scence then I have had small clunks but no blood.

When I was in the hospital last Sunday I spotted a little bit after she examined me. She said I was 2 cm. but that didn't mean anything with the second pregnancy.

I am just so confused and tired. I wish someone could tell me an approx. time I am going to deliever.

Now I have EXTREMELY BAD hemroids! They are terrible. My husband use to have them really bad all the time, so he didn't feel too sorry for me. He had to help me put cream on them last night because I couldn't reach, and he said that they were worse than anything he had ever had. Now he feels really bad for making fun of me. Medicine is not helping. I called my doc and she said it was because the baby is so big and low that she is mashing down on everything and they probably won't get better until after I deliever.
SO WHY WON'T SHE LET ME DELIEVER NOW!!!
The baby is measuring 41 weeks now. and she said if I were to go in labor now she wouldn't try to stop it, but she don't want to induce just yet.

------------------
Chloe is due 07/27/03

The Following User Says Thank You to Momofa4yrold For This Useful Post:
bondo (02-21-2012)
Old 06-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #2
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Many describe the mucous plug as a brown orp ink tinged discharge that greatly resembles snaught. Sorry to say. I have to agree. I, too, have the discharge you speak of. Ain't it lovely? Mine is clearish yellow though, but snaughty looking if you don't mind me saying so. Now if it were your plug then you may not even know because some people lose it in the shower. My first baby only left a brownish treak in my underwear, whereas my second baby left a tingy, tanish colored discharge in my underwear that time. The difference for me was knowing that was my plug the second time and ignoring the brown streak with baby #1. I delivered baby #1 about 3-5 days after that streak showed up and baby #2 came about a week later as well.

Hang in there! Mother nature is the better way to let it go. TRUST me. I did alot to make baby #2 come out and it made my recovery harder from putting so much strain on my body.

------------------
Marie
It's A Boy!!
Expected August 2, 2003

The Following User Says Thank You to lovelyme For This Useful Post:
bondo (02-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2003, 10:51 AM   #3

nville1 HB User
A good thing to do for hemorrhoids is to spend about 20 min 3 times a day in the following position. Get on all fours, then lower your chest down to the bed, letting your head rest on your folded arms. Your hind end should be sticking way up.
That takes the weight of the pregnant uterus off those bad hemorrhoids. I used to put an ice pack on mine while I did this. It won't cure them, but you may feel better for a while afterwards.
Try not to spend a lot of time on your feet. Rest on either side as much as you can.

Pregnancy will not last forever; the baby will come out. The hemorrhoids will be MUCH worse afterwards for a couple of weeks, too. I eventually had to have a hemorrhoidectomy years after my second baby.

Old 06-24-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

harvest46 HB User
The minute i lost my muscus plug, I went into active labor right away. the contractions were about 5 minutes apart... and when i arrive at the hospital i was already nearly 4cm. and 80% .. @!~...
so, hang in there !~

Old 06-24-2003, 01:24 PM   #5
(female)

MissyB HB User
What is a mucus plug? This is my first time pregnancy, and I don't know anything yet. I do not go in for the first Dr. visit until 7-22-03. Sorry to sound so uneducated.
Thanks,
Missy

Closed Thread