It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
(female)

Need2Know03 HB User
8 weeks, no visible yolk sac, seen heartbeat, what now?

LMP is 12/16/2010, makes me 8 weeks. I had an abdominal utlra sound on 1/31/2011 that had gestational sac, appeared to be yolk sac and fetal pole. Vaginal u/s showed empty gest. sac.
2/10/2011 abdominal u/s showed heartbeat, gest sac, not visible yolk sac. vaginal u/s showed gest sac and heartbeat (appeared to be tucked in lining) but no yolk sac. I had a miscarriage 6 months ago, and really just want some answers. I have not had blood taken yet

The following user gives a hug of support to Need2Know03:
vemma4me4life (04-02-2011)
Old 02-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
(female)

Need2Know03 HB User
Re: 8 weeks, no visible yolk sac, seen heartbeat, what now?

Anybody? Can anybody relate? have any answers? anything?

The following user gives a hug of support to Need2Know03:
moniquerivera (04-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
(female)

moniquerivera HB User

I kind of know what your going threw. I just had a miscarriage about a month ago. I was suppose to be 12 weeks but my sack said I was 8 weeks. I can kind of relate because I didnt even know that I miscarried. I only found out because I found out I was pregnant and went to the OBGYN to see if I can get an ultra sound to see the baby. But it turn out there was a sac but it was empty. Turns out that my overies are pretty far back and they found the baby hidden behind them. So I ended up having a D&C suction done and I am okay. Turns out for me though my cause of the miscarriage could have been my failing kidneys.

The following user gives a hug of support to moniquerivera:
vemma4me4life (04-02-2011)
Old 03-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
(male)

SidHepatica HB User

My wife was told there was no yolk sac but there was a heartbeat and the pregnancy was "abnormal". She was told to come back in two weeks for another ultra sound. This freaked us out. My wife was crying. I looked into the matter and it seemed from my online research that it was not possible to have a heartbeat (a growing fetus) without a yolk sac, because the sac is the only means of nourishment before it attaches itself to the placenta. Cells cannot divide without nourishment. However there really did seem like not a whole lot of info. I found a ton about there being a yolk sac but no heartbeat and that tended to usually be a bad sign. Anyway, those were the longest two weeks to wait. In the end all was fine. It seems the technician didn't see the sac and it must have been hiding or bad equipment or just a bad technician who then really freaked us out and didn't explain anythiing and you're probably going through the same thing but just know that at least in our case (and the others I've seen online) all was fine.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
(female)

Sunshinewanted HB User

I am so glad I found this post. We are almost 7 weeks pregnant with twins, hopefully. One sac was filled with a pole, yoke sac and heartbeat (FHR 113); the other sac was empty. The doctor, after prodding the empty-like sac for several minutes, was finally able to find the soft fluttering of a heartbeat, but nothing else (FRH was 100). She was seemed concerned that the heartbeat was slow and asked us to come back the next week for a follow-up ultrasound. This has been such a long week! To those who posted previously, or have had a similar experience, what was your outcome? I have found so much on the internet about yoke sacs and no heartbeats, but nothing regarding the opposite problem. Thanks!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Hi Sunshine. Your situation was something I recently experienced. We saw twins at 7 weeks and by 9 weeks, one of the twins stopped growing. It also had a very faint heartbeat. The other is still growing strong. Only time will tell.

Closed Thread