It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2003, 01:14 AM   #1

aussiegal66 HB User
Unhappy tender pelvic area

Just wondering if you great ladies might be able to help me. I'm wondering if any of you have a bit of pain and tenderness in the lower pelvic area when you press. This does not happen all the time. And also it sometimes hurts but only when I move, and the another thing that makes it hurt is the pressure if I try to pass wind (sorry tmi). I have got irritable bowel so maybe it is this, but was just wondering if it is pregnancy related, and should I worry about it.
Thanks Rose edd 21 dec

Old 07-15-2003, 05:13 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
Lightbulb

How far along are you? When I was 7 months pregnant, (just after the Christmas rush) I noticed tenderness in my pelvic area as well, and found it hard to walk because it hurt...I went home from work the day after Christmas, and called my doctor, and when he checked me he found that my cervix was thinning ( it wasnt supposed to be doing that yet) and my daughter had flipped around, and he could feel her head.He took me out of work that day. This all happened within a few days. As for the gassy part, I was gassy during my whole pregnancy...lol, but I would definately mention this to your doctor , as it could be a sign that you need to rest more, if you arent already. I called my doctor for EVERYTHING!! He was great, and I was glad I was in tune with myself and my baby, because she was born a month early, because there was an abruption in the placenta and other complications BEFORE she was born. (everything ws FINE after)I dont mean to scare you, just saying that you shouldnt be afraid to call your doctor with ANY questions. Even if its something you think could be "stupid". Because its all WORTH it, Ive learned that!! Good Luck, keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2003, 06:02 AM   #3
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
I have a tender feeling also. I have had mine since I was about 20wks. I don't know if it's the same feeling but it hurts when I lift my legs up (like when I'm putting on shoes), it hurts when I shift positions when I am lying down basically it hurts about every time I move. I have had a pelvic exam since then and all seems to be okay so my dr. has just said that it's the baby moving and lying in certain areas and for me not to worry about it. I don't know if this is your case but just call your dr. and try not to yourself too much (easier said than done). It sounds a lot like what I have been feeling...Hope you feel better

April
9-19-03 expected b-day for J.T.

Old 07-15-2003, 07:58 AM   #4

Jennbaby HB User
I am not sure if this is the same thing, but I have had some pretty bad pelvic pain too. This is especially bad when I first stand up, or stand on one leg to put on shoes. My pain actually starts at the top of my pubic bone (where the doctor takes the fundal measurement-and it hurts when he does!) and goes downward about 4-5 inches. OUCH. My doctor told me that there is a ligament right there that holds your pelvic bone together and that is it one of the biggest, toughest ligaments in your body. It apparently has to stretch out 1 cm or so and he said that is a lot for this lig. The only thing that I did that helped was to put an ice pack there. I know that doesn't sound fun, but it brought a lot of relief and pretty quickly! I keep hoping that since I had all of this pain, that means my body is making plenty of room for the baby and delivery will be a breeze! (I know, prob. just wishfull thinking!) Hope this helps!

Old 07-15-2003, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
I had this too, starting about 20 weeks. It got worse and worse as I got bigger, and I couldn't stand up very long without that same tender area burnung and aching. I mentioned it to my doc who checked things at an ultrasound at 28 weeks. The baby was squishing one of my ovaries really good! It was just his positioning and gravity. It's still a little tender even though he hasn't been in there for over a week now. I guess it will take time to fell "normal" again.
DD born 3/24/2005

Closed Thread