It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
(female)

stpephanijayne HB User
Post Cesarean tummy, please help....

Hello, I had an emergency cesarean 6 weeks ago, this was a shock for me and I'm still feeling upset about it, mainly because it was not what I thought would happen at all, but also because I felt the cause was the midwifes fault as she was negligent of me. Physically I'm disappointed too because my tummy is still huge, I look 5 months pregnant, my tummy is firm and bloated and round! the midwife said it would have gone down by now, it has stopped going down, just stays this size, also every time I look in the mirror or try clothes on I really can't stand the sight, especially as it is a reminder of my disappointing experience. Does anyone know if this is normal for your tummy to be this way? I'm really desperate to know if I will return to normal, as I feel like the midwife has taken too much from me, my experience of birth because she couldn't be bothered to do things right and also she gave me false hope which ended in disappointment too. I don't even mind that I have stretch marks or a scar, its still looking pregnant that is so hard, Im a size 8/10 usually except my tummy won't allow me to even wear things size 12
If anyone knows anything about the recovery process or the time it takes or just if the truth is that it is a permanent part of me now, then I'd be so happy for any information.

Thanks for reading. x

Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User
Re: Post Cesarean tummy, please help....

Typically 6 weeks is the "standard" for recovery time......which I would say is pretty average. Some women recover a little sooner, some a little after, but all in all.....6 weeks for recovery is a pretty good time frame!

NOW....as for how long it will be before you get to your "before baby" body.......I hate to be negative......but I'm currently pregnant with my 4th child.....so I have been through this....and I have NEVER been back in my pre-pregnancy clothing 6 weeks after, especially after my c-section!!! My 1st child was a c-section and I was young and it was a good 2 to 3 months before I had lost all of my weight and gotten back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. After my 2nd & 3rd children (vaginal births), I still was not in my regular clothes after 6 weeks.

Now, of course everyone is different. I have seen women 3 weeks after giving birth who looked like they were never pregnant at all.

My sister had her 2nd child (2nd c-section) in mid January.....and she still is not in her regular clothes yet, but she is close!

Just take it day by day......it is still early for you. Don't stress out. It will happen! Best wishes to you!
DS - Landon Russell...2/21/09
DD - Avery Marie...10/29/11...adopted by family.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread