It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Ekhos HB User
Squirrel Feces

I just found out that their are squirrels in the attic and have been for some time now. Breathing in their feces and urine cannot be a healthy thing for any adult never mind baby and I. Since I have learned this I have abandoned my room and setting up the nursery, my quite personal space. Is this necessary? Do I need to push the rest of the household to move or to get it professionally cleaned? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am very stressed out about this and my next doctors apt isn't for a week.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #2
(female)

kittenkaboodle HB User
Re: Squirrel Feces

Hi Ekhos,

Hmmm... that doesn't sound good to me. I'm really not sure about it, but it's probably best to play it safe until you ask your doctor. I know feline feces and urine can be dangerous to unborn babies, which is why you shouldn't be cleaning litter boxes while pregnant. But squirrels? Not too sure.

I think the best thing to do right now is talk to a reputable exterminator, and see what they suggest. I'm sure if they get rid of the squirrels, you could hire a good cleaning company or contractor to get rid of the mess.

Good luck to you! Keep us posted!

Kitten

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
(female)

mugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB Usermugwump HB User
Re: Squirrel Feces

If you never go in the attic, I don't think you have to worry. Does the air flow of the house circulate through the attic? If you never come in contact with the feces, I don't think I'd be too concerned. We probably have some animals in our attic, but we never go up there. I wonder if someone else cleaning it and stirring it up into the air would be worse than leaving it there.

Closed Thread