It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 10:26 AM   #1

JPIPES HB User
Post anyone had a m/c

i had a miscarriage about 6 days ago. how long should i keep bleeding. its now like a nomal period, but not sure how long it should be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #2

TX Mommma HB User
Unhappy

I have had 3 m/c and I think it depends upon how far along you were. With the last one I bled for about 7 days, but was only 4 weeks pg and with the others I was about 6-7 weeks pg and bled for about 2 weeks or so. My heart goes out to you. I remember feeling like I wanted the bleeding to stop b/c it was a reminder of what happened.

[This message has been edited by TX Mommma (edited 09-02-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 01:28 PM   #3
Veteran

0603david HB User
I was 5 1/2 weeks and I bled for 5 days. It was like a normal period but with deeper cramps and 1 clot (sorry so graphic). I think it gets heavier and more painful the further along you are. Good luck. It's hard to get over.....

TTC#2

Old 09-02-2003, 01:35 PM   #4

JPIPES HB User
thank ya'll for the responses. i was 11 weeks. i feel so much better than i expected to. i thought i'd be tired or hurting. the next day was almost as if nothing happened. (kind of a weird feeling) this would have been our third child. we have two girls 6 & 7, hoping for a boy. i just didn't know what to expect as far as how long this would last. it seems "normal" but what is normal in a time like this.

Old 09-02-2003, 02:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Hi,

I'm sorry for your loss, I've had 2 m/cs and understand the feelings. Be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster as your hormones settle back down to the non-pregnant state. It sounds like you're doing well, but do give yourself permission to grieve. Time will soften the sadness.

Peace - Barbara

Closed Thread