It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 05:14 PM   #1

mommyof3sons HB User
Post dr appt update

ok i just got back from my drs. i am pretty scared now i am 16wks5 days she told me my pap smear came back abnormal. and i have to go in on the 17th to have some kinda of scope test done?i have never had an adnormal pap before. what can this be from?she said it was abnormal cells or something like that i was so scared i didnt ask any questions i should have.please anyone have any ideas???o 1 good thing i go for my big u/s on the 15th hopefully this little one will be good so we can see the sex!!! crossing my fingers for a girl.anyway please respond.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
Inactive

Jera HB User
I once had abnormal cells on my cervix during a routine pap test as well. They were called 'pre-cancerous'. I had to go for a biopsy at the hospital where they 'froze' them off with a probe that they held onto my cervix for a certain period of time. The procedure was quite painful actually and in my case the probe seemed to stick a bit when they were trying to remove it. (I had visions of tongues on frozen poles in the winter!) ugh....and then I remember bleeding quite a bit afterwards. This was years ago when I was about 21 or so and now I'm 39, so perhaps the procedures have improved since then! Also, I have not had any problems since and my cervix is normal and I am now 5.5 weeks pregnant, so I think the procedure is pretty routine.

Sorry....I don't mean to scare you or anything and I hope that there is an easier procedure they can do now that you're pregnant if in fact it is what I described above.

Good luck to you and try not to fret...although that's easier said than done!

Please let me know what happens!

Take care,

-Jera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 07:12 PM   #3

schumi HB User
I think the scope thing sounds like a colposcopy. If that is the case, it is just like getting a pap, it's just a camera they view inside your unit with, then they may take a biospy, just a tissue sample to study it further. It's over quickly and quite painless...just some discomfort. I wouldn't worry too much, this is quite common. I ended up after that getting a LEEP procedure to remove the cells which really is quick and basically painless. My mom has been getting colposcopies and biopsies done for ten years now, and she never progressed past that.

So, after all my rambling on, I wanted to say not to stress over it. It's way more common that you think!

Closed Thread