It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 01:51 PM   #1

Saxygrl528 HB User
Exclamation uterine spasms

Hello
I have a question that i hope someone can answer for me. I am a 21 year old sexually active female. However, i've never had unprotected sex. I'm not on birth control yet, but i've always used a condom. Also, the condom has never busted, come off, or torn during sex.

A few weeks ago (within 3 days after my last period) I had sex with my boyfriend. It went normally (no breaking, tearing, etc.). Now, it's two weeks later and i'm feeling this constant spasming in my uterus. It is not painful, but it is still freaking me out. I DONT want to be pregnant. I read on the internet that the "fluttery" feeling comes about 15-17 weeks into pregnancy. which makes no sense for me because i had a normal period about 2 weeks ago. my next period is a week from thurs (sept 4th). is this a type of PMS or something, or could it be pregnancy?!

Also, i have no other symptoms (sore breasts, morning sickness, or weight gain) does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Old 09-02-2003, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
Is it possible you could be feeling your bladder having spasms? If so you may have a bladder infection. That or if you have gas. Sometimes because we aren't passing it we don't realize we have it, but that can cause that fluttering sensation

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #3

Saxygrl528 HB User
ok i failed to mention this. i JUST got over a bladder infection. i just took the last pill i had left THIS morning(which was Bactrim DS 800-160).

but would i still have twitching and spasming in my lower abdoment from that? it doesn't hurt when i urinate anymore and i haven't had to go as frequently as usual...

Old 09-02-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I would say that you still could have the infection just a tiny bit. I'd probably go to the doctor just to check if there is still some infection. If you really really don't want a baby though, I would suggest going on birth control. Your 21, and I know you've heard it before, so I'm sorry. But I would never ever trust condoms as a reliable form of birth control. Yes, better than nothing, but there are lots of babies who have been conceived from intercourse using a condom. Anyways, let us know how it goes.

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-02-2003, 09:10 PM   #5

Saxygrl528 HB User
hey thanks for your comments you guys!! so it doesn't sound like pregnancy huh? that's comforting. i will go to the doctor and see what they say.

Closed Thread