It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 02:27 AM   #1

nela 1 HB User
Post Just popping in to say hello....

Hello my friends,

It's been such a long time that I haven't posted that I feel a bit weird, LOL. I've been reading most of your posts and missing you all very much too. Especially my TTC Buddies, you know who you are http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

I know that I sort of disappeared without much warning, but TTC was getting to be too much for me, and coming to the board was getting me down, obsessing about it all day, every day, I know a lot of you will understand!

Not much has been going on, except that I just finished my last cycle on Clomid and I'm 1 DPO today, so we'll know if it worked next week. I have an appt. at the end of the month to discuss Artificial Insemination, so I'm trying to focus on that if this month is another washout.

I was very sorry to hear about your m/c, Caper, honey...I'm sending you a big (((hug))), and I just know you're going to have a BFP very soon!

I haven't seen Laroussi, Dutchess or JsBaby around in ages...does anyone know where they are? Hope all is well with them http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif I also miss Autumn and Tcb...

Phillie, my cycle buddy...hugs your way, sweetie.

Ladylight...miss you too honey. I know you're just a few weeks away from meeting your little girl. I'll be looking out for your announcement. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Latebloomer...I haven't seen you back on either. I hope you had a great time in Nova Scotia and can get your BFP soon too! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Bonbon2000 and her twins...miss you too honey. How are you doing? you must be getting huge by now! Sending you and your little ones much love http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

I also wanted to congratulate all the new moms who had their babies in this time...Angel Hansen, Chris and Val and the others. Congrats!!!!!

Congrats too to all the BFP's from my TTC Buddies! I'm so happy for you! especially you, dear L8! (Becky) And tons of babydust to my TTC Buddies who are still waiting for their BFP (RSBS and the others...)

FriendlyRobin, how are you? Hugs...

To all the others I haven't mentioned, hope you'll forgive me. It's the Clomid, it affects the brain, you see, LOL.

I'll be stopping by every now and then, just to say hello, but I won't be posting regularly until I can post a BFP one day.
I hope you all have a great day!
love, Nela.

------------------
"I am not young enough to know everything."
- Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Nela,

It's great to hear that you're doing well. We miss all of your wisdom on this board. Sending tons of babydust your way. I can't wait to hear about your BFP one of these days. Take care!

Old 09-01-2003, 10:13 AM   #3

rbsb5485 HB User
NELA!

We all miss you so much! I am so glad to hear from you and to hear that you have been doing well. I can't wait to hear about your BFP! It will happen, I know it. You are the most deserving person I know! I really miss (like the above pster said) all of your wisdom, advise, stories, and conversations. I hope we get to chatting again, soon! Take care and remember that you are missed greatly! Sending tons of love-

RBSB

Old 09-02-2003, 12:49 AM   #4
Veteran

JsBaby HB User
Oh Nela,it's so funny. I was just this morning thinking so much of you and wishing we still had contact, and here you are!!

I am 12w4days today and having a little bit of a rough time. I had spotting last Wed., and doc admitted me to hospital for total bedrest, I have a retroplacental haematoma. As of Sunday it looked to be healing ok and I got to come home but I'm still on full bedrest here too. I go back Thursday for another u/s and hoping my little bean is still as strong and active as she/he has been so far.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and really pray this is your month. I've missed you so much.

****sticky baby dust wishes****

Old 09-02-2003, 01:10 AM   #5

nela 1 HB User
KMC...thanks for your kind words and the babydust! Hope all is well with you too. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Rbsb...thanks so much for the lovely words and know that I also miss you all very much! I'm checking the boards almost every day, just to see if any of you have gotten a BFP yet, and also to keep up with you. I'll also be looking out for your BFP! Love and hugs... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

JsBaby! Oh it's so great to talk to you again! I'm so sorry to hear about your bed rest and that you're going through such a rough time. It must be hard to be in bed all day. What exactly is retroplacental haematoma? I know that haematoma is a bruise, right? I'm happy though that it seems to be healing all right. Try not to worry, it's going to be just fine!
I also miss our morning conversations so much. And I've also missed you a lot.

Thanks for the prayers and the good wishes. I'm 2 DPO and thinking that I don't know what else we have to do to get pregnant if it doesn't work this month. We did the plan that you posted, remember? The BD days plan, I can't remember the exact name. If it doesn't work then I'm happy to move on to IUI.

BTW, I had a funny dream last night where I was being artificially inseminated and my mom, DH and other non-related people were all watching, like a science experiment, LOL. weird what TTC does to you! LOL. Hope to catch you later, honey http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------

Old 09-02-2003, 02:23 AM   #6
Veteran

JsBaby HB User
A retroplacental haematoma is bleeding between the placenta and the uterus, in my case she says it isn't that big (1cm) and seemed to be healing. There's still very high risk, but I'm trying to stay positive and take good care of my little bean.

I am so totally glad to see you again lady!!! I was so sad when you left.

****sticky baby dust wishes****

Old 09-02-2003, 03:02 AM   #7

nela 1 HB User
Staying positive is the best thing you can do at this point. I'm sure that it will have healed before long and that the next few months will be uneventful. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif How are you coping with bedrest? Do you have a laptop?

I was also sad when I left, and that's really the reson why I did. I felt that I couldn't handle coming to the board every day and being reminded of my inability to get PG. I'm doing a lot better now, thank goodnes, but it's taken a whole summer of not posting and also being on holiday for 3 weeks to get to this point.
At least the heat wave is gone. What a long hot summer we've had here. The average temperature in my town was 38 degrees! Unbearable. My brother told me that Stuttgart was also awful, around 35, right? How have you spent the summer? Did you go anywhere? We went to Cartagena, Alicante and Valencia for a week. They are all along the Med coast. Very pretty. But of course it was too hot to really be active. Still, we saw plenty of things and it took my mind off TTC a bit (note: a bit! LOL). How about you, how are your son and your handsome DH?

Old 09-02-2003, 05:52 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

l8again HB User
Nela - Thank you for thinking about me. I sure miss talking to you. You helped me through some pretty rough times. I do know how you feel about getting pg taking so long. I was just about ready to give up. My dh and I were going to try Clomid for three months and then that was it. We were not going to try anything else. I think It was because I was getting so emotional that he could not handle me any longer. Anyway, Clomid did work for us on the first month. I was actually shocked. I told my dh not to get too excited when the doc told us there was 4 follicles when I was CD13. Well, one eggie actually was able to meet spermie. I am still in shock!!!!! I am 7 weeks 2 days today. Crazy feeling. Thanks again for thinking about me. You are in my prayers every night. I say a little one right before bed. I pray for all the ttc and for the new mommies, and for the precious little ones that are here on earth. It helps me relax and to think. Good luck to you. Keep us posted on this cycle of Clomid and let us know what the docs have to say about doing an IUI or IVF. You are such a good person. Something greatful will come your way

JSBaby - I am sorry about your bedrest. I know how you feel. I had some spotting last Monday and Tuesday. Really freaked me out but I did try to remain calm by SLEEPING. I was sent home last Monday and put on bedrest until Wednesday. I had my doc appointment on Wednesday and everything was OK. The doc sent me back to work and I have not had any spotting since last Tuesday. I will pray for you that everyting will be OK and you will be back on your feet soon.

------------------
L8 (Becky)
**1st child due April 18, 2004 (approx)**
"Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your behind tomorrow. "

[This message has been edited by l8again (edited 09-02-2003).]

Old 09-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #9

nela 1 HB User
hi there, L8 honey!

It's wonderful talking to you again. I'll never forget the great support on the TTC thread and how you all helped me through the rough times. I'm so glad to hear that I helped some of you too.

I was extremely happy to hear of your BFP. I know how hard it is to be Unexplained too...

Thanks a ton for the prayers You are all in mine too, and I pray for a BFP for those who have yet to get one, and a "sticky" pregnancy for the pregnant Buddies. You all deserve it so much!

I'm relieved that your spotting turned out to be ok and that you're doing well. Try to focus on the end result, it's so worth it.
Your words really touched me, and I'll admit to feeling all teary when I read them. Thanks again for all your kindness and your positive thoughts, they all help so much. I'll definitely keep you posted on any outcome for this month's cycle. Here's to hoping it worked! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif Take care.

------------------

Old 09-02-2003, 08:07 AM   #10

mommyof3sons HB User
hi nela!!!
i am so happy to hear your doing good we've all missed you on the board.i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your BFP real soon i feel it.please keep everyone posted on your progress we are all hoping you the best of luck!!! well as for me i am 16 weeks along got a drs.appointment today so i am hoping for an u/s appointment to find out the sex i so want a baby girl. dh told me he wanted another boy http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif can you imagine i already have 3 lol. well as long as it's healthy i'll be happy. well good luck to you nela.and keep in touch!****baby dust****

Old 09-02-2003, 08:44 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

friendlyrobyn HB User
hi nela! has leaving the boards helped you a little? Im sure things are still frusterating but NEVER give up hope..as you already know that. Sometimes AI will do the trick if this last round wont. Will you be using dh's swimmers?
I am feeling so blessed and very fortunate that i only had to go through 11 months of ttc and 1 m/c. My son Dakota will be here in 11 short weeks. Dh and I are more than ready to welcome this much wanted boy into our world of love and hope he grows up to be a wonderful man like his daddy. I will be ttc again 6 months after i give birth as our future family awaits us...AS DOES YOUR!! LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU!!! AND PATIENCE.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:00 AM   #12
Veteran

LadyLight HB User
Hi Nela!!! Oh, I've missed you. Thanks for thinking of me.

So happy to hear you are feeling a bit better and it's great to hear from you. I know how it feels to be ttc for so long, please keep the faith and I'm praying the Clomid works this time or the IUI, whatever is better for you. I just know you'll get a BFP!!!

We are doing well. Our little one is still breech so we've scheduled a c-section for next Monday, 9/8 a.m. if she doesn't turn on her own sooner. My due date was pushed up and she's growing perfectly. Weighs about 7 lbs 2 oz right now and that's a good size. Probably gets that from DH because I was very, very tiny (preemie < 4 lbs). I've been on home rest last couple of months but come into office here/there. In office for last time today. The u/s tech today told me she has a ton of hair, wow, we didn't know that. how exciting. Will keep you posted my sweet!

Limitless love and hugs out to you and yours!

Laureen, John and Arianna Renee' due 9/8/03

Old 09-02-2003, 09:40 AM   #13

bonbon2000 HB User
Hi Nela - I missed you soooo much and was thinking of you all the time.

I just can jump in a short time b/c I have a DE app. at 2:30 pm.

Last week both of the twins had a weight of 1.200g or
2pounds and 13 ounces. You're right I'm getting really
big but the most people tell me I don't look like
I'm preg. with twins.

I was thinking about you the whole time and you're upcoming appointment in Sept and can't wait to hear about the appointment. They could help me so I'm pretty sure they will help you for your little miracle(s).

Must go now but be back later or tomorrow.

Love, hugs and Baby Dust to you.

Old 09-03-2003, 12:51 AM   #14

nela 1 HB User
Mommyof3sons...thanks for your positive words! i hope you can get the baby girl you're dreaming of. Glad to hear all is well and that your pregnancy is going smoothly. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Hi Robyn! Yes, leaving the boards has helped a bit in that I've been able to "switch off" for some time. Obviously, I haven't stopped TTC, but I haven't had the daily "obligation" of coming to the board and analyzing every ache and twinge to death! LOL. I'm feeling less obsessed. I'll never give up hope, that's for sure. And yes, we'll be using DH's swimmers
I can't believe that Dakota is going to be here in only 11 weeks! It seems like yesterday when you were on the TTC Buddies thread and we were talking about your symptoms. I'm so happy it finally worked out for you! TTC 6 months after giving birth sounds like a good idea too, especially if you want them to be close in age. That was you get past the diaper stage quickly. LOL. Sending you lots of love http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Ladylight! Great to hear from you too! I've missed you so much. Not a day has gone by that I didn't think of my Buddies on the board. You are especially close to my heart because I know you understand how hard it is TTC for years, and also because I remember you got pregnant on Xmas Eve, as I was planning to do last year too. It is funny to think that it worked for you at least! LOL.
Wow, I can't believe you have a C-section programmed for Monday! I hope Arianna turns before then. In any case, it will all go very well whatever happens, and I'll be looking out for your birth announcement.
Tons of love to you and yours, sweetie. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

------------------

Closed Thread