It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 09:48 AM   #1

knut HB User
Post stopped b/c pills last month & now 2 weeks late for my period. FREAKING OUT!

quick question; and not even sure if anyone has any advise or if this is worth posting.

I've been taking ortho tri cyclen for about 4 years. Periods come like clockwork every month. Well, I had my period like the week July 13th. I then decided that I wanted to switch birth control; because my sex drive has been very low; and I thought it may have been the OTC. So, by the time I got to the doctor and got another prescription for a different pill........ I was already about 2 weeks late for when I should have started a new pack of pills. I then figured that I'd just wait until I got my period again and then start the new pack.

My boyfriend knew about this and we've been using condoms.

Well, here is is 9/2/03 and no period. I figure I'm at least 2 weeks late. No sign of a period. I don't have any "pregnant" feelings either though. Could it be that my body is just adjusting to not having the daily pill? I took a home pregnancy test this morning and it's negative; but I don't know if I should trust it.

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 09-02-2003).]

Old 09-02-2003, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Yes, it's very normal for your cycle to be irregular if you are stopping the pill. Sometimes it can take months for your cycle to get back to normal.

Try not to worry too much because that could delay your period too. If you have been using condoms faithfully, I'd say your chance of being pregnat is pretty slim.

Good luck!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03
Jacob or Alexis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 11:01 AM   #3

knut HB User
I'm trying. It's just that we are not ready for this yet and I'm gonna hate myself for trying to "fix something that wasn't broke" if I am in fact pregnant. We've been together about 4 years; I'm 26 and he's 30...... I was just hoping to wait for a few more years; not prepared for thinking about this possibility yet.

Anyway, I believe that my cycle started about July 20th, or so. Can anyone tell me the date that I should worry, or go to the doctor for a test? If I went today, would they be able to give me a definite answer ?

Old 09-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
If you haven't had your period since July 20th, then I would make an appt. with your doctor for a blood test. They will be able to tell by now if you are pregnant or not.

Good luck!

(try not to panic!)

------------------
EDD 10/3/03
Jacob or Alexis

Old 09-02-2003, 12:17 PM   #5

knut HB User
I have a couple friends telling me not to panic and that I should give it a few more weeks......., but honestly, I'd like to know NOW. A few weeks is a long time to wait.

[This message has been edited by knut (edited 09-03-2003).]

Old 09-03-2003, 09:46 AM   #6

knut HB User
I went to the doctor yesterday for a test; and it was negative. Thanks HeavenSent for your replies yesterday. I now realize that I was having a panic attack for nothing.

She just told me that; like you said and what I kind of figured; my body was just screwed up a little from not being on my regulated cycle with the birth control pills. She even told me to go ahead and start my new pack because who knows when I'll get my period naturally, and I need to be protected.

So, panic attack gone. Thanks again.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Glad to hear it all worked out for you!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03
Jacob or Alexis

Closed Thread