It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 07:21 AM   #1
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Post Possibly pregnant??

Hello, everyone. I frequent the weight loss board, and it's great, so I thought I would visit here for this question.

I don't THINK I am pregnant, but here's my situation- see what you think.

DH and I planned to start trying in the next few months. We had unprotected sex the day after my period ended, the (I'm told) least fertile time of the cycle. This was this past Saturday. Since Monday I have not felt very well (nauseated and headachy- but not severe- I still ran 3 miles yesterday).

Could I possibly be pregnant, and would I already be feeling the signs? It seems awfully early, but I thought someone else might have had a similar experience.

I am probably just fighting off a bug, but I am just not sure.

Any input? Thanks!!! I know you get lots of these questions, so I'm sorry to add to the pile.

Old 09-03-2003, 08:40 AM   #2

kneadedone HB User
It would be too early to tell. If you think you are pg you should wait until the first day of your missed cycle and take a HPT. Sometimes when a woman wants to be pg so badly that she starts imagining her symptoms.

The day after your period is the least fertile time but a pregnancy can occur. Sperm can live inside of you for up to 5 days. So if you ovulate within that time you can still get pg. Not all woman ovulate on day 14 of their cycle.

Good luck to you and your DH.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
Thanks for the information. I, too, have heard that some women WANT to be PG so badly that they imagine symptoms. I don't think I want to be PG that bad- if it happens, it happens. We are not trying very hard.

I do feel better today, but still have a headache. I think I may have overdone it on unhealthy food this weekend- my body is not used to so much beer, snacks, biscuits, hash browns, and Whataburger.

I'll be careful anyway, though- no alcohol until I am sure.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #4

illicit23 HB User
i agree with the previous, but I have a 2 year old son and when I became pregnant with him, I knew right away. I had nausea and fatigue right away. The doctor told me that this is rare, but some women can feel it right away. I know this sounds weird, but the way that I knew is: i was extremely emotional and needy. I wanted to be around my husband all day all the time and the sex was 200% better. I don't know if that helps, but that is how it was with me.

Don't worry. Wait until you have missed your period, then test.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:01 PM   #5

illicit23 HB User
i agree with the previous, but I have a 2 year old son and when I became pregnant with him, I knew right away. I had nausea and fatigue right away. The doctor told me that this is rare, but some women can feel it right away. I know this sounds weird, but the way that I knew is: i was extremely emotional and needy. I wanted to be around my husband all day all the time and the sex was 200% better. I don't know if that helps, but that is how it was with me.

Old 09-03-2003, 01:04 PM   #6

illicit23 HB User

Old 09-03-2003, 07:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
You know this has happened to me, in March, and guess What? I wasn't pregnant. I was imagining everything, from nausea to flu. I was severly disapponted when AF showed up. I think the unplanned pregnancy is the best method. But it doesn't hurt to try. LOL! It is possible, but rare. Hope it does happen for you and DH.

Closed Thread