It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 08:20 AM   #1

chloebug HB User
Question DISCHARGE

HI
I had a light brown discharge right when I found out I was pregnant and the nurse said not much to worry about if it last longer than 5 days call back. It did go away but today it started back is this normal?
I am 5 wks preg.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 02:44 PM   #2

illicit23 HB User
It sounds like you are spotting and this is normal for some women during pregnancy. As long as it is brown and does not last for a week or more, then you should be fine. Some women spot throughout their entire pregnancies. if the spotting becomes bright red, then you should call your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 05:11 PM   #3

JPIPES HB User
i'm sorry to disagree with the previous post. i just miscarried a week ago. i was 11 weeks. the first sign was brown discharge. i later found out that was the beginning of the miscarriage. when it turned bright red it had completed. the "start to finish" was less then 12 hours. so please call the dr. if i had known that was the start of it they might have been able to prevent it. i was misinformed about the brown discarge.

Old 09-04-2003, 08:57 AM   #4

jimjend HB User
Chloebug, did you call/see the dr? What did they say? How are you? I'm a May momma too, and I'm really concerned that you are ok? I'm sending good vibes your way.

Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #5

chloebug HB User
HI
I did call my doctor I went in yesterday and they did some blood work,I am waiting on them to call back. I hope this is normal I feel great no cramping slight backache every now and then. I can just hope for the best. Thanks everyone

Old 09-04-2003, 09:10 AM   #6

chloebug HB User
HI
I did call my doctor I went in yesterday and they did some blood work,I am waiting on them to call back. I hope this is normal I feel great no cramping slight backache every now and then. I can just hope for the best. Thanks everyone

Closed Thread