It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2003, 11:26 AM   #1

UKhopeful HB User
Question Help Please.. Could I be pregnant

hello, I am hoping somebody can offer me advice. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for about 6 months. I am currently 6 days late on my period. The thing is that for the past 5 days I have been having period like stomach cramps and very, very slight brown spotting.
I did a test this morning and thought I saw a very, very faint line but it is almost invisible and could just be me being hopeful.
Do you think I could be pregnant? Did anyone else have cramps and spotting?
Thanks in advance for your help and support

Old 09-01-2003, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
If you saw a faint line you should get another test and wait until you get up in the morning and re-test. The brown spotting you are having could very well be implantation spotting and having cramps early in pregnancy are pretty normal. I had cramping before I knew I was pregnant (sometimes it was pretty painful but it was the same kind of cramping I always got during my period) and I had spotting 3 times during the first trimester. It is very possible that you could be pregnant..

Sending you lots of baby dust and hoping you get your BFP

April
9-19-03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #3

UKhopeful HB User
Thanks for the advice, I am going crazy now. The spotting stopped 2 days ago now but I am still getting a bit of cramping. I went to the doctors and she was horrible. She made me feel really stupid and just gave me a pot and told me to send in a urine sample in 2 weeks time!. I can't wait that long!.
I am really worried now because I have read many messages that say that cramps are normal as long as they are not accompanied by bleeding. Is there anyone that can shed any light on this? the brown spotting lasted for about 8 days and was very light (none in the evenings)?

Old 09-04-2003, 02:20 PM   #4

jessi0198 HB User
Hi, here's my opinion:
If you saw any line, usually that means positive. Like Dingo said, get another test and use the first morning's urine. You should also go to a different doctor and request a blood test. They are more accurate. and I think the bleeding is okay if it isn't bright red and isn't a heavy flow. I was pregnant in April which unfortunately ended in miscarriage, but before that happened, I did have cramping even before my period was due, which my doctor said was completely normal.
Good Luck!!!!

Closed Thread