It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Unhappy 2nd trimester no better than the first

Everyone told me the nausea and fatigue would end the 2nd trimester. But guess what... Im still exhausted and throwing up. Im 17 weeks along!!! Will this never end? I don't know what I will do if I continue like this through the rest of the pregnancy. Seriously its been so bad that I think this pregnancy will be my first and LAST! My doctor doesn't have any useful advice and im not anemic so theres nothing they can do. Sorry guess im just venting.

Old 09-04-2003, 12:05 PM   #2

TJ_22 HB User
I totally understand. I was so miserable for so long and woke up the first morning of my 2nd trimester and still the same miserable feeling - I wanted to feel better so bad. I didn't think I would ever enjoy eating again. - But there is hope I finally started feeling better around 21 weeks. It was a little bit longer than most people are sick but it did get better and I really do feel really good now. I am now at 26 weeks. So hang in there, its really rough to be so miserable for so long but it will get better and belive it or not you will start to enjoy being pregnant. I am now feeling really great so hopefully the same thing will happen for you!

------------------
Our 1st Baby EDD: 12/10/03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 12:47 PM   #3
(female)

daina HB User
Hi there,

I understand how you feel. I have been suffering from nausea and vomitting since the 6th week, and was looking forward to the 13 week mark. I had read it was supossed to be over by then. That wasn't the case, and it was very dissapointing. Since about the 16th week I have started to feel better. But that is only when I keep taking the medication. My doctor put me on Diclectin since the very beginning of m/s. Initially it didn't do any wonders, just reduced the number of times I was vomiting. The past 3 weeks I have felt nouseous but have not vomitted. I tried to go without taking the pills for 1 day, but ended up vomitting 6+ times, so now I am too afraid to stop taking them. I keep hearing though that m/s does eventually come to an end.
Hope you start feeling better soon.
Daina

Old 09-04-2003, 02:30 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Unhappy

Hello! i am sorry that your pg isn't an easy one, I like you have had terrible morning sickness nonstop 24 hrs a day and I am also totaly drained of energy. I knew that this wuold be a possibility since I was the same way with my son before, I had m/s the entire seven months that I was able to carry him due to preclampsia. It was awful and I also said that would be my first and last pg(I was Wrong) here I am now 12 weeks pg and suffering but it is worth it all in the end. Keep your chin up things will improve even just a little is better than no improvement.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-04-2003, 04:23 PM   #5

astrophel HB User
I didn't have much sickness during my first and hadn't had any sickness for weeks then - just out of the blue - I spent one Tuesday morning toilet side. Haven't been sick since. The sleeping has gotten worse. I'm about to make 20wks and the doc says I've only gained 4 1/2lbs, little does he know I gained 12lbs prior to the pregnancy after being layed up in a hailo for several months. Huge, tired and sick! That's me! hahaha!
I hope you feel better. Drinking lots of water seems to help me. and nothing cold in the morning. I don't drink coffee so I just normally skip my morning juice until about 10am. I saw a trend in my drinking cold morning juices and morning sickness. It's helped.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Thanks ladies I have read your replies and appreciate your support. Hopefully this wont last forever. Good luck with all of your pregnancies.

Closed Thread