It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #1

Stenosis Mommy HB User
Post Tips

With my first baby, I tried catch as many little tips as possible from been-there-done-that moms. Now that I am a been-there-done-that mom, I thought it would be nice to pass some tips along. I hope you will share any other advice you have, as well, because we can always learn from one another

1 When you leave the hospital, take anything "contaminated" by your baby. This includes the left over wipes, diapers, eye ointment, nasal aspirator, comb, baby lotion, and baby soap. Any packaged thing they opened cannot be reused, and you are charged for it. Even the peri bottle, maxi pads, and Tucks pads they give to the mom after the baby is born.

2 The nurses are GREAT at coming up with excuses to kick out guests if they have overstayed their welcome. This was especially helpful in the case of my mother-in-law

3 While shopping for the last minute baby supplies you think you will need, don't forget to buy some things you may need after the baby is here. I have these items stocked in the closet for those first few post-partum days: 3 packs of overnight maxi pads, Tucks, epsom salt, ibuprofen (breastfeeding kosher), and a bottle of Phillips Milk of Magnesia stool softener. (It may sound weird, but those first couple of post-partum poops are almost more frightening than the birth was!!) Some women use a Sitz bath, too, but I just laid some towels on the bottom of the tub to make it more cushy on my tushy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 07:47 AM   #2

imakitty HB User
Question

whats the salt for?

Old 09-05-2003, 02:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
imakitty,

Epsom salts are good to put in bath water for soaking your sore little bottom.

Crystal
EDD: Sept 11th

Closed Thread