It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #1

rmvt84 HB User
Angry I can't sleep!!!!

I haven't been able to sleep for about 4 nights now. Before I was pg I had depression and seemed to be a little better now that I am pg. Now all of a sudden I feel depressed again and I can't seem to fall asleep. If I do fall asleep I don't stay asleep. My bf suggested thinking of things I could do around the house and it makes me more depressed because I have been to tired to do anything. We haven't really started to get things ready for the baby, he keeps saying we have alot of time I am only 21 1/2 wks. I just want things to be ready and perfect for when she gets here. I guess I just wanted to vent a little. Thanks
edd 1/14 to a little girl

Old 09-06-2003, 10:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Hi, I think depression is pretty common in pregnancy, especially if you've experienced it before. I have struggled with it my whole life. Getting enough sleep definately helps a lot. I have found that a body pillow really does help me get a better night's sleep. I got mine at sears and it was about $20. It really helps me get more comfortable. I have read in "girlfriend's guide to pregnancy" that later in pg it is ok to have a glass of wine before bed and a warm bath to relax. (I would check with your dr about the wine). Lavender is also really relaxing. Ombra makes a nice lavender bubble bath. Also, I am 20 weeks and I'm still looking for a house to live in and haven't bought anything. The only thing I have are presents from my parents. The baby doesn't need everything right away. That book I mentioned is really great about telling you what you REALLY need to start out with. It is also pretty light and funny, it really helped me relax about the pregnancy

If your depression is getting you so down you are having a hard time, talk to your doctor asap! There are meds you can take when pg that have helped many people. I think some people on here are on antidepressants...hopefully they can give you some more advice. Hang in there !!! Think about what you get at the end! I hope this helped...

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004

[This message has been edited by chrissy333 (edited 09-06-2003).]
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #3

Tiff Tiff HB User
i am 38 weeks and my midwife said it was okay to take benadryll to help sleep.. ask your doctor!

------------------
EDD Sept. 21. It's a boy!! Tyler Shawn is my lil' angel

Old 09-06-2003, 03:48 PM   #4

Zoe00 HB User
Talking

Hey,
I know towards the end of my pregnancy I was tossing and turning, having to get up all thru the night to go to the restroom, the baby only wanted me to sleep on one side *if I switched to another the baby would never stop moving til I went back to the other side* I think it was just a matter of getting comfertable. My husband and I had 5 pillows at the time, thankfully he didn't like sleeping with one because I used every one of them. Two cotton/poly/nylon/foam... (whatever they are filled with now) pillows, and 3 down filled *spendy but well worth it* Get soft pillow cases *satin, or something like it* they stay cool if you get flashes in the night. The relazing baths definatly helped me to relax, listen to some good music, have your back, neck and feet rubbed, that helps a lot.
It's usually best to wait til after the baby is born before you go all out and start buying cloths, blankets and other necessities, all my husband and I have had to buy since our baby was born Dec 17, 2002 is diapers, bottle liners, wipes and tylenol. He is covered for clothing and toys until he is about 2. I hope some of this helps you Best of wishes, and remember to relax, the anticipation of the baby also makes it hard to sleep

------------------
ACR

Closed Thread