It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 12:14 PM   #1

Dylansmom27 HB User
Post sex drive (or lack thereof)

Hello Ladies,

I have a question and I am sorry if it is TMI. I am almost 14 weeks pg with baby #3. I have no desire for sex whatsoever. I feel really bad for dh, however, even the thought of sex makes me nauseous. Am I alone in feeling like this?

Thanks.
Lynn* EDD 3/8/04

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 05:37 PM   #2

Zoe00 HB User
No you are not.. When I was pregnant with my son *who is now 8mo. old* I had forgotten what sex was and since I wasnt ... ever in the mood for it I for some reason just expected my hubby wouldnt want it either... until he talked to me about it and I realized that my drive just went to NIL... there are ways to just get into the mood, you might not be IN the mood but you can try to get there, just dont THINK about getting there be spontainous.. I tell you what though 2 weeks after I had my son, you can't have sex for atleast 6weeks at the most, or until your body feels safe to, my hormones shot thru the roof after the budle of joy was out of my body. You lose that drive because your body achieved the reason for wanting sex, reproduction. Atleast thats what I explained to my husband and it made sense to him, it's not from a doctors mouth, but its the truth. When you are fertile your drive is through the roof.. but anyhow.. You are not alone, the best thing to do is just keep trying different things, and know that it is NOT permanant, your drive will come back. My hub thought it wasnt going to and well its back with a vengance Best of wish and congradulations!

------------------
ACR

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2003, 05:51 PM   #3

slc HB User
Hi Lynn,
No, you are not alone! I used to attack my DH on a nightly basis. Now I am lucky if I kiss him goodnight before I fall fast asleep. I keep telling him that I only have about 2 hours between dinner and when I'm asleep--plan wisely I am just so tired that I can't even think about fooling around. I have heard that your drive comes back later in your pregnancy. I am 12 1/2 weeks and I know my DH is hoping that it returns sooner than later

------------------
Baby #1 EDD 3/16/04
Baby #1 EDD 3/16/04

Closed Thread