It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2003, 10:21 PM   #1

warrens angel HB User
Red face questions please help..

hello everyone. just wondering if anyone has had a hsg?? or done the iui and had any sucess. me and my dh have been ttc for about a year and we are seeing a reproductive doctor now and i am really confused on what to do or where to start.stacey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 09:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crystalll HB User
Smile

Hi Stacey,

Your reproductive doctor should be going over the process with you so you can make educated decisions.

First of all, they would start with a sperm analysis, and then move on to testing you. An HSG is relatively invasive, so you would want to do the blood tests, ultrasound etc. before having the HSG done. Blood tests and u/s will determine whether or not you ovulate, and whether or not you are producing the proper hormones to maintain a pregnancy.

I had an HSG which revealed that my left tube was blocked. For me it was quite painful, but I've spoken to a lot of other women who said it wasn't painful at all.
I was able to become pregnant with a blocked tube, it just took a little longer.

Hope this helps.

Crystal
EDD: Sept 11th

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! I had an HSG done it was painless for me just some mild cramping afterwards and I became pregnant that same week I belive, I did not have any blockages and everthing was normal with me. My doctor did a battery of test on me and my husband both before he did the hsg. There are so many test that it is unbeliveable and yet frustrateing at the same time, especially when they all come back normal. I am happy to sat that I now have a beautiful one year old son and I am also currently pg. I know it seems hopeless at times but hang in there ok. Good Luck

------------------
connie folger

Closed Thread