It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 09:53 AM   #1

Queentiffy HB User
Unhappy 18 weeks and 6 days & worried!

OK, some of you know me and I know it's been a while. I have a problem... I am my daughters soccer coach (she is 10) and I was running around the field last night, and jumping and ect, but last night I did not feel the baby move, nor today yet and it's almost noon. I am so worried that I hurt this little one, and I am scheduled to have my BIG ultrasound Next friday, and after I see my OB for my reg apt. Should I just wait and see what happens or should I call the Doctor. BTW I moved a couple weekends ago from Friday to Sunday and the baby did the same thing but was kicking up a storm on Tuesday am. Am I just being a nerv.. wreck or should I be worried? I don't have any spotting or pain.

Tiff

Old 09-05-2003, 10:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

littleone314 HB User
Hi! Congrats on your pregnancy! I wouldn't worry to much right now because I know w/ Austin he would have really active days and then some days he was really lazy and hardly moved at all. Just to put your mind at ease though call your doctor and tell him you haven't really felt the baby and he will probably tell you to come on in and they will take a look. My OB told me to drink a glass of orange juice and go lay down for an hour and see if he moves. You could try that too but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Babies have their days too Even now, I can see that Austin still is in that pattern of lazy days every once and while! Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 10:12 AM   #3

~mandy~ HB User
The baby still has loads of room to move around in there too, it could be that he is moving but not enough for you to feel. I would suggest calling the doctor tho, just to ease your mind so your not worrying. Also, try drinking some orange juice and laying down as was already suggested. Depending on how active you've been since then you may just be too busy to feel them, and also your movement tends to put baby to sleep, so lay down, relax have some juice and see what happens.

Old 09-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
If you have been feeling the baby move very regular and every day for a while you might want to call your doc.

But I know when I was that far along, I would feel the baby one day, than go a couple days before I felt it move again. I think its normal to go a day or two at this point without movement.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:19 AM   #5
(female)

kk1978 HB User
Hey good luck with your ultrasound, ours is on the same day. You kind of make me nervous, but I am sure everything is okay. I am 19 wks 1 day and I don't feel a whole lot of moving yet. Not as far as kicking anyway. I have felt the baby roll and push out with a hand or foot don't know which. lol But still not a whole lot of kicking. But hey good luck and I am sure everything will be fine because during this time the baby's movement is erratic.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #6

Queentiffy HB User
Cool

Thank you so much for giving me advice. Baby starting moving again on Saturday, and did not stop. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I have been feeling a lot of moving so I guess I am just a worry wart! I go in on Friday for my BIG ultrasound, and am hoping for a boy! I will keep you posted. OH btw, my last OB apt, I did not have any blood work done. Is that normal? I was 19 when I got pregnant with my daughter and that was almost 11 years ago, and I don't remember much about my doctors apt. Oh and they still have not gave me my pren.. vit. yet, so I have been taking Flintstones, because any other makes me sick.... what do you think

Old 09-08-2003, 10:43 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

l8again HB User
QueenTiffy - Let me first say that I am so glad everything is OK. I was happy to hear that the little one is moving around a bunch!!!! Second, you should be taking prenatal vitamins. My doc put me on them when I told her that my dh and I are wanting to start ttc. I have been on them for over 2 years. I would say something to your doc so you can get on them as soon as possible!!!! Also, I think you were really sick the first weeks???? That may be way your doc decided to wait??????

Good luck with the Big U/S!!! Keep us posted on what you are having

Closed Thread