It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Post Raspberry Leaf Tea

Has anyone either taken this tea or heard anything on it and it's effects on the uterus and pregnancy. My girlfriend ob/gyn recommended drinking the tea at least once a day to strengthen the uterus for pregnancy.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Thumbs down

Hello! I have heard of the tea and I think that it is dangerous to take during pregnancy unless you are near your due date. It makes your uterus contract and if taken anytime during pg it can cause deformations and miscarriages. Any type of herbal teas are dangerous some are even highly toxic to the fetus. Hope this helps you.

------------------
connie folger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 01:28 PM   #3

TruBoo4Life HB User
My mother is an herbal scientist/doctor.. she told me to do the same thing except not so often about 2 to 3 times a week.. The raspberry leaf tea that you are supposed to drink is not something that you would buy in a regular store.. you have to buy the pure kind from an herbal store.. The kind you buy in a store are processed with other chemicals that can be harmful.. and it does strengthen the uterus.. better to take if trying to concieve.. but from the studies she has done the "real" tea will not harm the baby.. I stopped drinking it cause I didn't like the taste...lol..

I would definitely talk to your doctor and do research on it yourself before taking it.. I did even though my mother is pretty reliable.. and lives 100% by herbal remedies.. Good Luck and Many Blessings!!
Jeremiah-22
IT'S A GIRL- Symone Lynn
EDD 3-24-03 to 4-1-03

Old 09-08-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
Thank you Connie a woman I work w/ recommended it. She said her ob/gyn told her it was beneficial. I agree with you that any herbal teas should be avoided during pregnancy.

Old 09-08-2003, 01:34 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Micheybell HB User
TruBoo
Is there any thing you would say to definately stay away from during pregnancy or while TTC. I had 2 m/c this year and the cause was not determined. I'm currently TTC and want to take all the appropriate steps in order to successful carry a child to term w/ little or no complication.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the raspberryleaf tea.

Old 09-08-2003, 02:34 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I have been drinking red raspberry tea for about a week now. Since I hit 37 weeks, I drink about a glass every 2 days. I do notice I get braxton hicks contractions for a few hours after I've finished drinking it, so I would recommend not drinking it until you are term. From what my doctor has told me as well as the pharmasist has told me, it's completely healthy but should not be drank until you are term.

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Closed Thread