It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 05:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Post babygrant

Hi, I was just wondering how you are doing up there with all this heat and smoke? Have you been affected by the fires? My parents live in Vernon and they say some days it's hard to breathe because of all the smoke. I feel kind of lucky I'm only 20 weeks in this summer we've been having. It is cooler down on the coast though, but jeez....it's hot! I was in Nelson last month and I don't know how people even live there!!!! Rain, rain pour down!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
It is TERRIBLE here!!! We have one fire burning about....40 km's from here right by Nelson BC at Kuskonook Creek. One burning about 1/2 km from the US border which is about....45 km's from here. It is so smoky and just gross!!! DH and I went to Kelowna about 2 weekends ago, it was just amazing. The whole hillside was up in flames. Of course we were there the one night that 40,000 people got evacuated so it was a little bit busy!! Next morning we woke up and found out Highway 33 was closed so we had no idea how to get home. We went the Penticton way home and the fire by OK Falls was terrible. Both sides of the highway were still on fire. Quite the amazing sight.

It's crazy, anyone who has been watching the news. British Columbia has a 87 million dollar budget for forrest fires. I believe as of last week, we had hit the 245 million dollar mark for fighting the forrest fires. All together there are 692 fires burning in BC alone. The one fire in kelowna, it says it is 22,840 hectares in size.

Anyways, very very smoky here!! Can barely be outside cause it's kind of hard to breathe!!

Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 09:42 AM   #3

chauvina HB User
I'm down here in Northern Idaho and the wind's been blowing smoke (I'm sure not nearly as bad as what you're dealing with) from BC and Montana. Even the littlest bit of smoke has been giving me terrible headaches. I don't know why I'm so sensitvive to it. Luckily it's rainy today so there's no smoke YEAH! Good luck.
addie
#1 edd 3/8/04
dh30 me 29

Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
It has been raining here all night!!! I am soo happy. Although we need at least 3 days of rain before it even soaks into the ground, I'll take this one day! It still is really gray out so hopefully it'll dump another load!!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-08-2003, 06:44 PM   #5
(female)

StupidFool HB User
Hey! Don't know if you still remember me but I just wanted to drop by to say thanks for your help awhile back. I got my period a few days after my posts. So I am relieved. I hope everything goes ok for you in B.C I hear it's really bad there with the fire. It's going to be a rainy week isn't it?

Old 09-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #6
(female)

StupidFool HB User
Refering to BabyGrant =)

Old 09-08-2003, 06:54 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I'm glad to here you are doing ok babygrant! Isn't the rain lovely! I'm speaking from a smoke-free point of view, but it's great to have the weather cool down. It's supossed to rain all week, so hopefully it will stop the fires for good, and save the last 4 railway tressles. Those are some pretty amazing feats of engineering and histrory. It would really suck if they all burned. I'm hoping for a cool, smoke free last few weeks of pregnancy for you! Good luck!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 09-09-2003, 10:50 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Stupid fool (wish you would've left your name, I don't like calling you that, lol). Your welcome for helping you. Glad everything turned out okay for you.

Chrissy. You were in Nelson. Thats crazy. It's a 20 minute drive from here. DH and I go there to go shopping. You probably came right through Castlegar. That's where I live. Nelson is a nice town but it's full of hippies. On Saturdays there's a big festival at these waterfalls, VERY weird. It's all people sitting around on blankets selling hemp stuff and smoking weed. LOL. Oh well, as long as they are having fun. It's not raining at all yet today, but it sure looks like it's going to!! I hope so! Anyways, I'm off for today, have a good day!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Closed Thread