It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #1

lil'momma HB User
Post heartburn

I have been getting heartburn only at night while I am trying to sleep. Does anyone know why it is only during this time? It can't be because of lying down either because I take naps throughout the day and I don't get it then. I don't eat late at night or right before I go to bed either.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:14 AM   #2

jimjend HB User
I think I read somewhere that when you're pregnant, the muscle that keeps your stomach acids from coming up gets relaxed and sometimes lets acid up from your stomach. Maybe that's why you only get it when you lay down? I get heartburn all day. Tums has been working for me, plus it has extra calcium in it, which is good for me since I hate to drink milk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 06:15 AM   #3

jimjend HB User
Sorry, I just re-read your post, and you don't have heartburn when you nap. Weird! Sorry I couldn't help!

Old 09-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Maybe your muscles that keep the acid down get tired towards the end of the day? Sounds stupid, but could be a possibility. They are working so hard during the day that they don't work as well at night. I can tell you though, Mylanta has worked wonders for me! I have had extremely bad h/b since about week 8 and still have it at 38 weeks.

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-09-2003, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Hello! I had severe heartburn with my son and I too was not eating before bed or lying down after eating.The doctor told me that I should not eat greasy or fast food or spicey things that this could cause heartburn and to eat small meals. Well I told him that I did not eat anything but mac and cheese and I even would get heartburn from water and he said that my muscle was too relaxed and told me to take tums and if it did not improve that there is a med they can give you for this. It can be anything that is causeing this for you and you know how they say if you have heartburn that means your baby will be born with a full head of hair? That's a lie my son had very little hair. Good Luck

------------------
connie folger

Closed Thread