It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 07:38 PM   #1

Shannon0421 HB User
Post U/S revealed Urine in Kidneys

I recently had a Level 2 Ultrasound on Friday which revealed 5ml levels of urine in my baby's kidneys. Perinatologist suggested having an Amnio (21 weeks pregnant now) by the end of next week to rule out possiblity of Downs Syndrome. Has anyone ever heard of this before. Naturally upon leaving my eyes were filled w/tears along with fear. I have never heard of this before. He advised me that skin on the back of the neck measured okay, Quad Screen results were not elevated however they were unable to get a reading on the heart. They were only able to confirm that there are four chambers but due to baby's positioning they could not measure the values of the heart so a repeat u/s is scheduled for 3 weeks out. I am set for the Amnio on Wednesday, and then will live on eggshells for the 2 weeks following. Anyone ever heard of this before??? Fearful

Old 09-09-2003, 07:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I haven't heard of this before, but I am hoping for the best for you and your baby!!! Have you researched it online? Maybe there can be another reason for this? I'll be thinking of you!
((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) )

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 07:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I read a little bit about it just now, and there really isn't that much info out there. what I read said that it could mean as little as the baby having an uti at birth. It didn't say anything about down's! Think positive!

Old 09-09-2003, 02:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mommajessibelle HB User
ok first of all calm down and try not to worry about it to much the only reason i am saying this is because i too had a level 2 ultrasound done that showed pretty much the same thing you are talking about i opted not to have an amnio done because it wasnt going to change anything. i was going to have a baby and then whatever we had to do we would do.my daughter is now 15 months old and doing great.she does have frequent kidney infections and uti's but as soon as she starts running fevers she goes on meds and it clears right upwe have went through many tests with her and they all show that things are getting better she now has mild dialation in the right kidney and moderate dialation in the left it was much worse when she was younger it seems to be healing itselfi would try not to worry to much about it right now and just wait and see what happens things will be ok you have to believe that

------------------
mother of 3
ages 4,3,and 1
my pride and joy

diagnosed with epilepsy jan. of 97

live life to its fullest you never know when it may be to late to do all the things you would have done tomorrow

mother of 3
Melissa 9, Brandon 8, and MaeLynn 6

Old 09-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #5

Shannon0421 HB User
Thank you both so much for responding to this. I have been waiting anxiously for someone to ease my mind for the time being. This is all so scarey I can't stand it. Your responses all help so much. I just called my husband and read them to him as well and he too felt a sigh of relief after having heard your responses. Thanks again for the taking the time to respond. It means so much to know there are people out there with a heart who take the time to give to others. My best wishes to both of you and your families.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:26 PM   #6

Shannon0421 HB User
My amnio is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon at 3:30, tonight I started with a cold. I hope this isn't a bad thing. Getting paranoid now on this end.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:38 PM   #7

Shannon0421 HB User
/

Old 09-09-2003, 10:43 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Good luck tomorrow shannon! Try to get some sleep! I'm sure you both will be fine. Don't look when they get out the needle, that way you won't be anticipating it! Hang in there!

Closed Thread