It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 09:00 PM   #1
(female)

mommytobe HB User
Post yeast infection or what?

i've never had a yeast infection or anything like that "down there" but for the past couple days it's been itching (inside) & is sore to the touch. i dont have the funky discharge, so i dont think it's a yeast infection, so what else could it be? (no worry about std's or anything) & since i'm pregnant (i love saying that!) what is ok to take for it or put on it, & what's not?

[This message has been edited by mommytobe (edited 09-10-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
If there is no funky discharge, it could be a bacterial infection. It kind of feels the same, but the discharge is different. Both are common during pregnancy. If you have never had this before, don't self-diagnose, go to the dr. If you treat it wrong, it will just get worse!! Good luck! Both suck big time.
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 08:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Go see your doctor for a proper dx. Only he/she can tell you for sure what it is.
Also just because you dont have all the signs doesnt mean it isnt a yeast infection. I had one yeast infection that had all the classic signs. The second time I had one I didnt even know because I had NONE of the classic signs. The only reason I found out is that on a Sunday afternoon I had extreme shooting pain in my vagina along one side. I went to see my doc the next day because it freaked me out. He started asking if I had any signs of a yeast infection. I told him no that it was just pain I had experienced. Well he told me that chances were it was something I had done that day. But he was going to check for infections just to be on the safe side. As he was checking me he asked me again about yeast infection signs especially about discharge. I told him that I hadnt had any except the usual stuff of course. He then said he saw what looked like a yeast infection. He took a sample and it came back that yes I had a yeast infection. I was shocked because I never got a single sign that fell in the normal area. I got it treated and learned a lesson.

Make sure you see your dr to get a proper dx and then go from there on treatment.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread