It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 08:53 PM   #1
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Question Have a question about pre-eclampsia...

Okay I am going back to the dr. tomorrow morning but I was just wondering something....I feel a lot better now...I do still have the occasional headache but my vision seems to be getting better...so if I go to the dr. tomorrow and my vision and blood pressure are normal is it still possible to have pre-e? I'm worried to death about this...I know I still have to go to the dr. but I am just hoping so much that they tell me that all is well and that I can go home but my mom and grandma don't seem to think that's what gonna happen. My grandmother said that you can have pre-e without elevated blood pressure and that with all the symptoms I've had that I more than likely have it....I'm so confused
Also I've been finding it hard to breath sometimes...Like when I am talking I have to stop and catch my breath alot and this just started today...What could cause that?

Sorry this sounds so mixed up but I'm all out of my head with confusion and worry....Thanks so much guys!

April
9-19-03 EDD for Trevor

Old 09-03-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
Veteran

JsBaby HB User
Hi honey - I think pre-eclampsia is directly related to blood pressure levels, but I'm not 100% positive. Maybe a search on the net would yeild something? A very good friend of mine had it and it was when her BP climbed to dangerous levels (220+, imminent danger of stroke) that they had to do a C-section on her, but more than that I dont' know.

Hugs and keep us updated!

****sticky baby dust wishes****

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2003, 02:44 AM   #3
Inactive

dingo_102 HB User
Thank you JsBaby.

Uggghhh! I hate this worry! I just decided to do some searching about it on here and everything I have come across listed high-blood pressure just as a sign? Why does this stuff have to be so confusing?

So far I did read on two different websights that all or just a few symptoms could be pre-e including swelling, blood pressure, headaches, nausea, vomiting, anxiety, trouble breathing and they list four or five more symptoms.

I guess I'll just wait until I go to the dr. today and do what he tells me..

Thanks again JsBaby

Hope you all are doing well!

April
9-19-03 EDD for Trevor!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 AM   #4

~mandy~ HB User
another term for pre-eclampsia is pregnancy induced hypertension, so really that's the main sign, if there isn't hypertension than your symptoms would be caused by something else,not pre-eclampsia.

Old 09-03-2003, 10:57 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I had severe preclampsia with my son and I had no signs at first only that I had bad headaches and vision troubles then next thing I knew I was gaining alot of weight rapidly and my blood pressure started riseing and would go down slightly but never to normal range and my protien levels were severely high. I was only 33 weeks pg when they had to take my son by emergancy c-section. Preclampsia is a highly dangerous thing to have if not found and it is tricky too. Take care and I hope that everything goes well for you.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-09-2003, 07:53 PM   #6

*AnGeL* HB User
High BP is the main symptom of pre-eclampsia, as is a sudden weight gain (not related to over-eating), swollen ankles and legs, and protein in the urine. In my last month of pregnancy i put on a lot of weight in fluid in the ankles, and my BP went up to 155/90 (i also had the visual disturbances and headaches), but when they checked my urine, there was no signs of protein and when a CTG scan was done on my bub, she was fine so pre-eclampsia was ruled out for me. One important note is if you do get any of these symptoms, go to the hospital and get your BP checked out (especially if you have had a decreased movement from the baby). You may find you will need to be on a saline drip through your labor if BP is still a problem. Saline in my labor dropped my BP from 150/90 to 130/75. A much better BP, but during the first 8 months of my pregnancy, my BP was only 100/65 so know your BP can rise at anytime.

Good luck with everything!

Old 09-10-2003, 02:02 PM   #7

ordinarymom HB User
Honey if you are due 9/19, then its no wonder you have to stop and catch your breath! You gotta lotta baby in there! I had some high blood pressure during the last month and 1/2 with my last pregnancy. I did not need medication but was put on mostly bed rest. I had to go to the doc about once a week and some times more. If I stayed off of my feet, my pressure stayed down. I also suffered head aches and vision problems through out the whole time but I also started that pregnancy at about 100 over weight. It's a bunch harder when you are fat to begin with. You will be feeling better real soon I bet. Good luck to you!

Old 09-10-2003, 02:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
April was actually to be induced a few days ago. She should be holding her little guy in her arms by now, and no more pre eclampsia for her!! Hope we get to hear from her soon!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Closed Thread