It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Question INFO ON INDUCTION ?????

Hi, I just found out i have to be induced 3 weeks early on the 28th September due to my diabeties...Anyway I am absolutely terrified as I have heard stories that contractins are a lot more severe when you have been induced....I am really hoping that there are other moms on here who have been induced and can give me some info about it thanks

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:03 PM   #2

lmeckman HB User
I was induced with my first son, and will be induced again on the 11th with my second son. It was a long day the first time, 18 hours, but I really didn't mind it. I took nubain and had an epidural. I found that I was really relaxed knowing when I would go into labor. Try and keep a relaxed mind set and that should help your day. As for harder contractions, I'm not sure if they are worse and I'm sure each labor is totally different. Welcome to the Sept. group and good luck!

Larissa

------------------
its a boy!
new due date 9/11/03

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 AM   #3

tryinfor#2 HB User
Hello,

I was induced and my labor was only 5 hours. The contractions were quite intense but only lasted for about 2 hours but it was not too bad. I say that now but during it was a different story LOL. My faimily has a history a really fast labors. My mother had all of her babies in less than 2 hrs. It is different for every one. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2003, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! I was induced at 33 weeks due to haveing severe preclampsia and yes the contractions were very intense and they landed up doing an emergancy c-section due to fetal distress, the baby's heartrate kept falling when I would contract. They induced me with some type of gel they put on the cervix to cause you to dialate. They probably will put potossin(spelled it wrong I think) and see how you do if you donot progress they will break your water and see how it goes from there. First baby is usually the longest at laboring but it depends on the womans body. Good luck

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-10-2003, 03:49 PM   #5
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi, thanks for the replies, yes I have also heard that labours are quicker when you have been induce....I dont mind that part of it LOL This is actually my second baby, but my first was born nearly 18 yrs ago, so my body has probably forgotton about the first one LOL I am also having the gel inserted, so hopefully I will go into labour from that, dont relish the thought of having my water broken I have looked on the net for info about inducing, but its all technical, I want to hear real life stories LOL Anyway thanks again for replying

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Old 09-10-2003, 04:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
I was induced with both. 1st labor was about 9 hours and not to painful. 2nd was over 24 hours and the worst back labor I could imagine. I am scared this time due to the diabetes as well. But the baby looks right on target. I don't have much to tell your, but I can definitely say good luck. I am wishing you a short and EASY labor!

------------------
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 02-04-04
#3 It's a boy!

Closed Thread