It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 06:52 AM   #1

ally_kat HB User
Post new - advice please

Dear all, after being told the devastating news that I would never have children when I was 21 years old - I was astounded to find out that I was pregnant. I started to spot and hence was sent for a scan only to find that the the baby had died about a week earlier at 8 weeks. I lost all of my pregnancy symptoms when the baby was about 7 weeks and tested negative 2 weeks after the miscarriage. I have now started to have some of the same symptoms which i had when first pregnant ie bad heartburn and burping constantly. is it possible that I could have ovulated again and become pregnant since the miscarriage. we have been having unprotected sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 07:54 AM   #2

kneadedone HB User
Miracles do happen. I hope this is it for you. Go take a hpt. Good luck. - Leigha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #3

ally_kat HB User
Hi Leigha,
Many thanks for your response - I have done a pregnancy test but it was only 10 days after a positive ovulation test - it was a BFN! Think it was too early?

Old 09-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I am sorry to hear of your loss and I believe that you can get pg fairly quickly after haveing a m/c. I would retest if I were you ok. Good luck and I hope that you get a positive result and that things work out this time for you.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #5

ally_kat HB User
Thanks to all you guys you are all really supportive - I know how difficult and stressfull it is trying to conceive. When I was 21 - I was told that I was not ovulating and was having Primary Ovarian Failure ie 'Premature menopause'. That was during my first marriage...that marriage ended about 10 years ago and I am now living with my Fiance. I am now 37 and have not used BC for 16 years. This may explain why I was so shocked to discover that I was pregnant and so absolutely devasted to realise that the baby had died. I wonder whether my ovaries have just kicked in naturally and of course - whether it will happen again. I did not really want to get into the cycle of TTC all over again - I thought that those days were behind me and I had, 'come to terms' with childlessness. Then again - I suppose if we don't try now - then we will never know!
best wishes to all you guys - in my opinion there is not enough emotional support for people TTC / fertility issues and it is people like yourselves that make all the difference!
Katty.

Old 09-10-2003, 02:42 PM   #6
Inactive

Jera HB User
Katty,

I'm sorry to hear of your devastating news! Now that you can get pregnant, I'm sure it won't be long til it happens again...miracles do happen, it happened to me as well! I too was told I would never have children about 10 years ago when I had a laparoscopy. Back then I was told that both tubes were blocked, I had uterine fibroids and severe adhesions everywhere. I was also told that microsurgery to repair the tubes was not an option for me. So, my husband and I decided that we would go the IVF route and in May during our consultation I was told I also had a hydrosalpinx left tube that needed to be dealt with before proceeding with IVF. So on July 8th I had another Lap and after the surgery I got the shock of my life! Apparently there was only a small blockage in my left tube that the surgeon unblocked, he drained the hydro and freed up a few of the fimbria as well. Apparently the right tube was now normal, there were no uterine fibroids and no adhesions. I couldn't believe it. Did my body heal itself over the years? It seems unbelievable but it seems like that's what happened to me! I thought I would for sure wake up with no left tube and I was so happy that he was able to do this.

Anyway....I ended up getting pregnant right away and I am 39. Last AF was July 26th and then I was late and just thought I was about to get AF right away as I was having period-like cramps. I decided to do a HPT and almost fell off my chair when it came out positive! Of course I have been worried about ectopic too as I am high risk for that because of the surgery, but I had an ultrasound yesterday and there it was in the uterus! Needless to say I am absolutely thrilled and amazed at this miracle of life! We too did not use birth control for 10 years and I never thought I would be able to have a child, but I am living proof that miracles do indeed happen!

So, I pray that things will work out for you too and that you will get pregnant again real soon! It happened once, so at least you know you can get pregnant, so it will happen again!

Take care,

-Jera

Old 09-10-2003, 05:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! My older sis Nina was told that she would never have children either and it devastasted her only to her surprise at 32 years old she found out that she was pg and now has a beautiful 4 year old baby girl. I believe that God blesses all who have faith and believe with all their hearts that he has an angel waiting to be born by them. It is horrible to loose a baby or person at any stage of life and it is hard enough when told that you will not concieve. I pray that you will be able to have a baby and that things will go well for you. take care and never give up your dreams or hopes it will happen for you. Good Luck

------------------
connie folger

Closed Thread