It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 02:21 AM   #1

Danzchika HB User
Post I got pregnant at a rare time for conceiving... is this odd?

I have a question that I hope some of you can respond to, because I am confused. I miscarried earlier this year, but I am still trying to understand why I got pregnant. I know it sounds like a stupid question, because you can get pregnant anytime, but I had sex with my boyfriend before my period occurred (I am sexually active, so we had been having sex fairly often). While I went to visit him during our trip (we had a long distance relationship), I had sex frequently from the time of ovulation in my cycle to the day before my period (I still had my period after this). However, I didn't have sex during or after my period and I still got pregnant the following month. If the sperm and egg fertilized and caused me to be pregnant, wouldn't I not have my period? I am quite confused. I was using protection, but I was curious to know if this is a common thing. I heard that sperm can sometimes last for long periods of time in the body, but I always thought they needed cold conditions to survive. Someone please help me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
(female)

Mjmoon HB User
I don't think what you experienced was your period. Chances are you concieved the previous month and for some reason had some bleeding and you mistook it for a period. From what I understand, that is pretty common.

Mary

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 11:48 AM   #3

Danzchika HB User
That makes more sense. I have a fairly heavy period, and I had less blood than usual. It was still somewhat heavy though.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:43 PM   #4

heidilynn74 HB User
Maybe what you were experiencing wasn't your period but was more like implantation? And I believe it's the warmth that keeps the sperm "alive". I say this because my fiance had to have a semen analysis done. We had to get the sample to the OB's office within one hour of collection and I was to keep it tucked in my cleavage. It needed to be stored at body tempture. But I'm not a doctor. Are you scheduled for an U/S to find out a EDD?

Heidi

Closed Thread