It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 02:11 PM   #1
Melissa_Shaw

Question Mini Pill

Hiya,

I have a question about TTC. I'm on the mini-pill, my husband and I would like to start trying for another baby at the end of the year or come of the pill in February ( our son's second birthday ), I was wondering how many periods I would have to have before getting pregnant, I know your cycle can be out of whack when stopping birth control. My hubby is disabled and can't wear a condom as he isn't that big if you know what I mean due to his disability, apart from not having sex, what other ways is there to not get pregnant when I am off the pill until my cycle returns?

Old 09-09-2003, 02:24 PM   #2

hhamelton HB User
You can use vaginal contraceptive films. You put them in like 10min before you have intercourse. Or they have a foam and I"m not sure how they work but I'm sure its similar. ITs all in the same department as the condoms. Hope this is some help to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Wink

Hello! some women get pg right after they get off the pill others it takes anywhere from6-15 months. Melissa it depends on your body my friend got off the pill had 1 cycle and was pregnant 1 month later me I was only onthe pill for 3 months and it took me 13 months to get pg again. Best wishes to you and hubby Good luck and may it happen soon for you both

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #4
Melissa_Shaw

Thumbs up

Thank you for your replies. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens when we're ready to try. I'm really looking forward to it. My husband is excited too. We're hoping for a little girl but if we had another boy, as long as he or she was healthy, we wouldn't mind. What do you all think for Jessica Amber for a girl?

Old 09-11-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Thumbs up

Good luck Melissa and I LOVE the name Jessica Amber! (My name is Jessica )
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 - Joshua James!

Closed Thread