It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 12:19 PM   #1
Inactive

saraanne HB User
Question Important Question

Hello fellow pregos. How is everyone? I am finally 4 months! yeah!

I am not doing so well, I am happy because I can feel my little one move, but I am having some gross symptoms that I am not sure if it is pregnancy related or what.

Please excuse me, but lately when I use the potty, my bowels have been a very dark color and I have to strain. Could this be constipation or what? I am really concerned about the stool color because is is such a dark brown. I hope I don't have GI bleeding. Anyone else with these symptoms, or any advice?

I am so worried about cancer, ect....

Thank you

Old 09-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #2

Queentiffy HB User
Wink

Don't worry, number 1 if you have to strain, yes you are const.. right now I am a few days shy of being 20 weeks and I have the same problem. The color of your stool is from your vitimans. I had the dark stool with my first pregnancy. Once in a while when I get const... I have dark stool. Take a stool softner, and if you take alot of iron, cut back just a bit. Alot of Iron would make your stools dark and also make you const..

I hope this helps..

Tiff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 02:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Boy oh boy ! Do I know what you are talking about and constipation is a killer. Try to drink alot of fluids and eat things high in fiber and hopefully that helps you. It is true that are stools change also and if nothing hels with your constipation do use a stool softner that should help you. Good luck

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-11-2003, 03:30 PM   #4

heidilynn74 HB User
Greens... eat lots and lots of greens and leafy veggies. Does wonders for constipation. And the stool color changing is more then likely from the prenatal vitamins.

Heidi

Old 09-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I know this is gross but, I read in one of my books that you can always tell the pregnant ladies in a public washroom beacause they are the ones grunting. Afterwards they have a bit of a sweat and their bowel movements look like old tires. Sound familiar?
LOL!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Closed Thread