It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Post ladies I need each of your opinions on this!!!

Ok, today I scheduled my 20 week ultra sound for Friday September 26th, to find out the sex and all that other stuff. My husband came home and told me he would be out of town that weekend for a dental school interview in Nebraska. He has been very upset and wants me to change my appointment. I tried to reschedule for a week earlier but they were booked. He insists upon being there and is giving me a hard time! He wants me to try for the week after or later. I can't wait any longer!!!! I told him I didn't want to postpone it. What do you guys think? I honestly didn't even know he would be out of town when i scheduled it!!!

Old 09-11-2003, 03:25 PM   #2

heidilynn74 HB User
My Opinion ONLY... I feel if your husband is that involved and wants to attend it, what's another week? I mean really... Not a lot of Husbands attend these things. I was lucky enough that mine wanted to. I say reschedule for later...

Heidi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Wink

besafe,

I know it's us ladies that are pregnant and we are the ones that have to go through all the physical changes, but I really think it's important to keep our dh's as involved as possible. They helped to make this baby too and especially if they show great interest, it's only fair to included them in as much as possible. My dh really got into the u/s experience!

I hate to say sweetie, but I think you should reschedule a week later so your dh can be there too. I know it seems like such a long wait to find out the sex of your little one, but really, it's important for you both to be there if possible. The u/s is sooo neat and you get to see your little baby for the first time - it's little hands & feet, face & ribs - you will feel bad if you leave him out afterwards.

Just my opinion. Hope it works out and good luck!
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 - Joshua James!

Old 09-11-2003, 04:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I would agree with the other ladies to reschedule. I would never pass up the opportunity if it ever arose again to see the look on my husbands face at all of our ultrasounds. The absolute joy, love, and compassion when he was looking at his son in the ultrasound screen! Although you are the mommy of the baby, he is the daddy, both equally as important I believe. So i would reschedule. You'll be glad you did in the end. I know it's hard to wait though!!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! Besafe, How are you? I would try to reschedule the ultrasound because it seems as if this is very important to your hubby to be there and I know that you are anxious and want to see that little one but you can not be selfish. If they can not reschedule then your husband also has to understand that it is not your fault and that you were not aware that he would be gone. Good luck and take care

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #6

twila HB User
Hi I would reschedule. What would you do if your husband was the one pregnant and you couldn't go? I think the ultrasound is one of the most exciting things there is.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:45 PM   #7

Tashaya225 HB User
Hello,

I would have to agree 100% with all of the other posters. It is very important that your husband be there. What if he didn't want to go and didn't want to participate in anything dealing with the pregnancy. Wouldn't you be upset. So just be happy that he wants to participate and be there to see the baby just like you do. I hope you change your mind....

Old 09-11-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
ok ladies I have read all of your responses and appreciate the advice. After some consideration I realized you are all sooo right! I can't be selfish about this and it would be sad to go through the experience alone.

Closed Thread