It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 09:24 PM   #1

lisiwd HB User
Post Miscarriage

Hi, 3 weeks pregnant.
1st blood test my numbers were at 1260
2 days later 1500
4 days later dropped to 460
all early symptoms are gone
Dr. says I should expect to bleed soon. She's given me two weeks to bleed before we will do a DNC.
Any advice or words of wisdom would be much appreciated
Very sad, very dissapointed, worried I haven't started bleeding yet.
Thanks,
Lisi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I just wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family the best at this terrible time. I'm sure some people who have been through this will post replies in the morning to help you through.
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 12:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I am sorry for your loss and I hope that everything is ok. I had suffered 10 m/c and all of them were different. I am sure since it was very early in the pregnancy that it will all pass natrually with out complications. it is always hard no matter how far along one is when something like this happens and there are never any right words for one to say to make the emptiness go away. I only hope that the next time things will go better for you and that you have support from family and friends because you truely need them right now. The pain does subside but you never forget your little angel who is now with God. Take care and I will pray for you

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #4

jimjend HB User
So sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers as well.

Old 09-08-2003, 08:36 AM   #5
Veteran

ladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB User
(((((hugs)))) i am so sorry for you loss. you are in my thoughts and prayers also.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:31 PM   #6

becca122 HB User
I am so sorry for your loss. I recently had a m/c as well. It seems as if you are early enough that it may e like a regular period when you do m/c. I had a d&c because I was 10 weeks. I felt it was good for me because it was over and done with. I didn't have to run to the bathroom every 30 min and check. I work full time so it wasn't like I could sit around and wait. I am glad I had the d&c. Now I am doing great, it was over 8 weeks ago. Feel better and hang in there

Becca
ttc#1

Old 09-08-2003, 10:24 PM   #7

lisiwd HB User
Today (Monday), started bleeding. Feels so far like a regular period. Very sad. Thanks for all of your kind words. Any advice as to how long I should wait before trying again? We tried for 2 years already. So worried about another m/c. I am thankful though that I know that I CAN get pg. Any words of wisdom are welcome.
Thanks,
Lisi

Old 09-09-2003, 12:42 AM   #8

rbsb5485 HB User
Hi Lisi-

I am very sorry for your loss. I had a m/c a while back and it took a while for me to recover emotionally. Physically, my recovery was very fast. MY doctor advised me to wait 1 GOOD period before trying again. With me, my first two periods weren't "GOOD" (normal) to me so I waited longer. Also, I waited to TTC again for more personal reasons. I wanted to completely heal from that loss before I got pg again, even though it was a painful process.

You should ask your doctor. Most commonly, that I know of, doctors tell women to wait 3 cycles before trying again.

I hope you feel better soon and please don't hesitate to come here for support. You might find that no one understands how you feel (that you know), but if you come here...you won't be alone.

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 AM   #9
Veteran

0603david HB User
I too had a miscarriage at 5.5 weeks. It was like a normal period but with 1 big greyish clot (sorry so graphic). I had cramps but took Darvacet. I did not have a D&C because my numbers were falling and were below 100. I would not have a D&C if I was only 3 weeks along and my numbers were below 100. A D&C can cause problems sometimes. I would ask your doctor if it is absolutely necessary. I just got my next period, right on time and it was normal. I think I am going to try this month again because my miscarriage was so simple (physically wise, not mentally).
Good luck.
Jennifer

Old 09-09-2003, 09:12 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kitty_T HB User
i am so sorry for your loss this is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through. you are in my prayers.

i had a m/c back in mid Feb i was 9 weeks and didnt have d&c. my doctor advised us to wait until i had a normal period again before we started TTC again, which is what we were doing but by the end of March i still had no sign of AF. went to the doctors and it turned out i was pregnant again. i am now 29 weeks pg and due 26th Nov. whenever you feel ready to try again then you go for it. take care sweetie

Old 09-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #11

lisiwd HB User
Again, thank you all for all of your kind words and thoughts. I know that ultimately, this was a good sign because we have been TTC for 2 years and now I know that I CAN get pregnant. That is very comforting to me. My numbers a week ago had dropped from 1500 to 460 so I think my doc will check again once I am completely done bleeding. I too am hoping to not need a DnC. I'll keep you posted. Thank you all again.
Lisi

Old 09-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #12

heidilynn74 HB User
I had a Blighted Ovum at 5.5 weeks. We were TTC for 13 months. I was totally devastated. I didn't have to have a D&E or a D&C, I didn't bleed alot and had no pain. I was in absolute denial. I held onto everything. Like for example... I didn't have any pain so I couldn't be m/c because you're suppose to have pain. I wasn't bleeding heavy so I can't be having a miscarriage because you're suppose to bleed alot. I couldn't believe anything the doctors were saying. Anyways, I can't say we tried to concieve after my m/c. But my fiance went on a hunting trip for two weeks and while he was gone I had gotten my period. He came back the day after my period ended, we ummmmmm (let's say we really missed each other ha ha ha) for like a week. 4 days before my next period was due I felt weird, I just didn't feel myself. So I went and purchased a pregnancy test. There appeared a positive sign. It was beautiful. Very light but there. We concieved 6 weeks after my m/c. I thought my OB was going to be angry with me because they told me to wait 2 normal cycles. Now I have a 7 week old baby boy. Don't give up, keep your chin up, I know nothing anyone says or does will take away the pain you're going through.

Sorry for your loss... I learned the more and more I talked about my m/c the better I felt. Just know that your baby is looking down on you and that God needed another Angel so he took ours!

Much Love,
Heidi

Old 09-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #13

twila HB User
Smile

I was recently in your same position. I had a little bleeding one day and went to the doctor. I should of been 9wks. and at the oppointment they said everything looked good but would do an utrasound to make sure. The ultrasound confirmed the baby was only 7.5wks and was not alive. This was the worst time in my life. I had a d&c but their is a pill that is very effective.I should of been 10wks at time of operation. I wish I had known more about the pill so I could of had that instead.Some good news though..I got pregnant again two months later(which my doctor advised)and now have a beautiful 3 month old very healthy daughter. Good luck. I hope this helps

Old 09-12-2003, 05:32 AM   #14
Veteran

I Robertson HB User
Hi - I have been in your shoes too and it can be a really tough time. I have actually had a total of 7 preg's and out of that 3 gorgous kids. I lost my 1st baby late in preg and then had a really early m/c. i have also had a blighted ovum and m/c at 7 weeks and lst Oct I lost a baby at 13 weeks...very hard...but the great news was that I had a postive preg test at the end of the same month and I have an absolutely beautiful baby boy...william he is 7 nearly 8 weeks!! I also had major problems trying to concieve after my loss of our son (my 1st preg) took 2 years each time and then once I had a succesful pregnancy it seemes the exact opposite I got preg first time each time after that. So do not give up and feel dispondant - you ahve proevd that you can get preg - unfortunately a m/c is the worst outcome but next time it will be fine - you are going to get that little bundle....do not give up.

Closed Thread