It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 01:50 PM   #1
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Post Bleeding and bleeding and bleeding!

What should I make of this?

My baby is 7weeks old and I bled then did the dischage type blood for the remainder of the weeks leading up to my 6th week. Had my post-partum check-up and the next day started what seemed like a period. Like expected I stopped on the 5th/6th day. It even went from super heavy thin red blood to dark blood to brownish red and hardly any by day 5. Did not bleed for 1 whole day and starting this morning (a day later) It's starting to come back moderately heavy, red and thin!

What could this mean? Coming back is one thing, but heavyish and bright red?

I'm confused.

------------------
Marie
Mommy of Julia, Grace and our brand new son Benjamin!

Old 09-11-2003, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Unhappy

Hello! I would call my doctor to see if this is normal. I bled for a week and spotted for a week but I never continued on bleeding after that until 4 weeks later my normal af . I believe that sometimes our bodies donot heal correctly after giveing birth and bleeding can be something to be concerned about. Call Your doctor and see him to make sure all is well and he can answer any of your questions and tell you what needs to be done. Good Luck and keep us posted I hope that you are ok

------------------
connie folger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 03:41 PM   #3

heidilynn74 HB User
I had a similar problem... I bled mildly for 2 weeks. Stopped completely. 2 Days before my 6 week follow up I spotted for two days. Very light spotting. My Appt. was on a Wednesday and by Saturday I was bleeding like a period but the color was different. It was bright red, not dark by any means. Only lasted 3 days it was very mild and had no PMS with it. No cramps, not bleeding much. In fact I wore panty shields and not pads. This all started the day after Cade turned 6 weeks old. I'm still trying to figure out if what I experienced was a period or something else.

My purpose of this post is to let you know, you're not the only one that's confused over bleeding.

Heidi

Old 09-12-2003, 12:19 PM   #4
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Well today it stopped again. When it did come back I, too, had no cramping or anything. You think maybe I overdid it that day? I don't see how. I mean, granted, it takes 9 months to a year to be fully back to normal, but geesh I would think you'd really have to go nuts to make your period come back a day after it stopped. Even if it was only 7 weeks ago that I had the baby.

Now that it is gone again I will wait and see.

------------------
Marie
Mommy of Julia, Grace and our brand new son Benjamin!

Closed Thread