It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2003, 08:14 AM   #1

Ally2001 HB User
Smile October Moms!

Good Morning!

How is everyone doing? Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Yesterday I had my second baby shower. There were around 30 people there and we got soooo much stuff I couldn't believe it. I was in the nursery for hours last night putting everything in its place. For awhile you couldn't even walk through the room. But it was nice and I am so thankful for all the wonderful gifts.

Anybody have their hospital bags packed yet? I have the baby all packed and ready. Just need to pack my husband and I and then we will be set. Probably won't do that for a couple more weeks.

Hope you all are doing well. Have a great day!

------------------
Ally
EDD: 10-21-03
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-08-2003, 10:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Talking

Hi Mommas,

Just thought I'd check in to say hello and to see how everyone is doing. I am home relaxing and taking it easy. I'm enjoying my quiet time because I know soon enough those days will be GONE! But I can't wait.

Ally - glad to hear your shower was a success! I had so much fun putting away all of our goodies after my shower. Yes, we do have our bags packed. I packed them last weekend - just in case.

My Dr. called me and it seems I have tested positive for Group B strep. She told me it's very common (1 out of 4 women have it) and that there is no need for concern in this day and age since we are prepared ahead of time. I guess I will just need an IV drip during labor to make sure the baby does not get infected. I was totally freaked out when she told me, but the more info. I read the better I feel. Also my cousin tested positive, and she went on to have 2 healthy babies so that made me feel good too. Ah well, just another thing for me to worry about! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Well, I need to go fold about 10 loads of laundry so I will talk with you later. My next appt. is Wednesday so I'll give you all an update. I hope all your appointments are uneventful and everyone is feeling good.

Karcia - not much longer!!!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03
Jacob or Alexis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 11:31 AM   #3
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi Guys,

Ally, sounds like your shower was amazing. Enjoy all of your new things. I started packing last weekend, but still have to finish up. I've had the baby's stuff packed for weeks though.

Heaven, enjoy the down time. I too am trying to revel in the peace and quiet right now and get as much sleep as possible. It's hard to sleep through the night lately, so I've been taking naps during the day. Sorry to hear about your Group B Strep. You're right that it's not really a big deal these days. You have a good attitude about it for sure. I'll find out my results at my appt. Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes.

My parents are arriving in a few hours. They've been on the road for two days now and are driving through Texas as I write this. I can't wait to see them and show them around. I may not be able to get online as much while they're here, but I'll definitely check in every couple of days.

Has everyone been feeling really uncomfortable lately? I've been getting BH on and off and have felt kind of crampy lately. Sleep is so hard because my body aches when I lie down in the same position for too long. Also, I've been getting more stitches in my side. I think it's ligament pain, but who knows? I've been out shopping and had to stop and rest a few times. I'm starting to feel terribly out of shape.

Hope you're all feeling better than I am.

Take care and have a great day!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-08-2003, 12:15 PM   #4

Karcia HB User
Hi everyone:

Well, great to hear about the baby shower, Ally, they are such fun, aren't they? And Heaven, is it anti-biotics you are given in your IV? If so, I know a lot of women get them - always during a C-Section, so I think it is pretty routine. I know what you mean about something else to worry about: Right now, the baby is transverse, (sideways) so, the C-Section scar will be the same on the skin, but my uterus will have to be cut up & down. Did I tell you this already? Seems a bit familiar, anyhow, so the scar will be weaker and I will absolutely always need a C-Section, and for my next pregnancies, I will have to get to the hospital right away if any labor starts, since the scar can open easier. That scares me a bit. Just having a weak scar in my stomach at all scares me, like, what if I am hit in the belly really hard, or stretch it badly in a car accident? Oh well, hopefully he'll move back. I don't care if he is breech, just not sideways.

We have the nursery just about painted. The walls are done, we did them in a bright, sky blue, then we are painting a big picture of Baloo (from Jungle Book) on the wall. The outline of Baloo is there, so we just have to fill it in. My aunt gave us a beautiful hand-made, large quilt, so we are hanging that on another wall. I just couldn't let the baby puke on that!

I have my suitcase pretty-much done, but I am missing things like extra underwear, and stuff I am using now.

I had some BH contractions the other night after sex (TMI??) They lasted about 35 minutes, and just gradually stopped. They were not bad, so I wasn't too concerned. My husband said, that's it! We are not doing it anymore! He's funny. It freaked him out a bit. He is so excited. My hormones have been a bit more active, shall we say? I ended up waking him up at 2am to "get some" since I couldn't sleep! That is odd for me, my sex drive has been pretty-much non-existant during my pregnancy.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Enjoy your time off, Heaven.

Karcia.

Old 09-08-2003, 04:23 PM   #5
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi everyone, hope you are all well sorry i havent been posting, I have been spending so much time at the hospital its not funny......They have booked me in to be induced on the 28th September, so technically I wont be an October mum ......I have to go in at 6.30 pm and have some gel or something like that inserted to ripen my cervix, then the next morning if i havent gone into labour, have my water broken, so it looks like my baby will be born on the 29th
September....I am absolutely terrified LOL Have any of you ever been induced and if so can you give me some info please ? I will probably post a topic about this anyway.......So this time in 3 weeks my baby should be here....I just cant believe it LOL Anyway the reason for the early induction is my diabeties....My baby is growing a little too big for their liking ! Anyway i will keep you all posted and hope you are all well

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Old 09-08-2003, 07:24 PM   #6

Ally2001 HB User
Hi everyone!

Heaven, sorry to hear you tested positive for Group B strep. I'm sure it is hard not to worry about it. I also heard that it's pretty common but of course if I find out I have it I will be the same way...worried!

KMC, I hope your parent's have a nice time visiting. It's nice that they will be here for the birth of your baby. I have been getting BH lately. Saturday night I had them for about 5-10 minutes and then they went away. They are uncomfortable!

Karcia, Yes..baby showers are a lot of fun! They sure do help out a lot since babies need so much. I hope your baby will be good to you and turn and not be transverse. I can't believe that next week already you will get to meet your baby. Are you excited!?

Mysurprise, Good luck to you on the 29th! Sorry I can't give you any advice on being induced since this is my first baby.

Heaven & KMC, Hope both your appointments on Wednesday go well. Let us know!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-09-2003, 05:54 AM   #7

aev30 HB User
Hello everyone! I feel like I have been so out of touch over the last week. We are FINALLY moved in our new house and it is so wonderful. Now I just have to get the nursery ready! I can't believe in a month I will finally be able to meet Gavin!! I am also trying to rest,relax and take some naps now that we are moved in and store up some energy for when he is born.
Heaven-I know a lot of people that have tested positive for Group B strep. I know it's hard not to worry but at least you know how common it is. You are going to have a happy, healthy baby!!
Ally- It sounds like you really had a nice baby shower. I had my second one over the weekend. It was only about 10 people-very intimate and relaxing! I got some really nice things. The only thing left to get is a glider or rocker.
Kmc- Oh yes I have had a lot of BH. They have really picked up over the last week! I guess that means my uterus is practicing for the big day.
Karcia- Wow your nursery sounds adorable and you have put so much work into it. Since we just moved in I feel like mine is never going to be done in time. When is your date again? I know you only have a couple weeks right??
Mysuprise- 3 weeks! Wow!! It won't be long until you are holding your little bundle of joy. Isn't it so exciting!!
I am going to the doctor today and will have the Group B strep test. Wish me luck! Oh and my sugar test from last week came back very normal!! I was so happy!
Have a great day and stay in touch everyone!

------------------
Angel
Gavin Michael due 10/10

Old 09-09-2003, 08:45 AM   #8

Ally2001 HB User
Hi! hope you all are doing well. As for me, I am in PAIN!! As of last night I have Hemorrhoids and it hurts like you wouldn't believe!! I can hardly sit or walk right now. I hope none of you have to deal with this. I came online to see what I can do to treat it and thought I would check in with everyone today.

AEV, glad to hear you had a nice time at your shower as well. We have a few things to exchange and a few to get and we will have everything we need. Good luck at your doctor's appointment today. Let us know how it goes.

Have a good day!

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-10-2003, 05:09 AM   #9

aev30 HB User
Good morning!
Ally- I am so sorry to hear about the hemorrhoids! I hope you are feeling better soon.
My doctor's appointment went very well. She said the baby has definitely dropped. She checked my cervix and said that it hasn't thinned at all yet. I also had the Group B strep test done and will have those results next week.
I hope everyone is feeling well and good luck at all your doctor's appointments this week!

Old 09-10-2003, 01:05 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

HEAVEN-SENT HB User
Smile

Hi everyone,

I just got back from my Dr. appointment and I got a pretty good check-up except for the fact that they found more traces of protein in my urine. So they ended up sending me to the lab for some blood work and I will know those results by Friday. My blood pressure is back to normal though (120/68) which made me feel good...last week it was 144/92. I was also given an internal and I'm one fingertip dialated...LOL. I was all excited and my Dr. just laughed at me and told me I have a looooong way to go. I really don't know what the next step is until my blood work comes back. If they don't like what they see, I could be induced as early as next week.

Ally - sorry to hear about the roids. Man, those suck. I have only had them once during my pregnancy, and I hope I don't get them again. What really helped me was taking a HOT bath with baking soda. Fill your tub with about 2 inches of hot water (make it as hot as you can stand it, since you won't be having your belly in hot water). And just sit in the hot water for about 5 minutes. I took a few of those baths a day, and I was fine within a couple days so hopefully it will help you out too. My friend recommended it to me cause she had them really bad with her two kids and it was the only relief she was able to get.

AEV - Congrats on the new house! You and you DH must be so excited! I can't wait to have a new house someday - we have a cute little house now, but its certainly not where we want to stay forever. But its practical and affordable right now, so we will be here for atleast a few more years. Have fun putting together the nursery!

Mysurprise - sorry to hear that you have been in and out of the hospital. But just think ... little Haley will be here in less than 3 weeks. You must be so excited! I can't believe we are all due so soon.

Karcia - Not much longer for you either!! Sorry to hear the little duffer is sideways, but hopefully he will cooperate for his Momma in the next week. Your nursery sounds adorable.

KMC - I hope your appointment went well today and you are enjoying time with your parents. Give us an update whenever you get a chance.

Hope everyone is feeling good, and hanging in there. Not much longer for us now girls!

------------------
EDD 10/3/03
Jacob or Alexis

Old 09-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #11
(female)

UserName HB User
Hello everyone

I just had my shower sunday and even though both mine and his families are big, I was worried that not a lot of people would show up.
Well I was certainly wrong.
About 50 people turned up and I got so much stuff I have to go out and buy new containers and drawers and things to put it all away.
And I must say Ive never seen so much blue stuff in my life lol.
Also just got my glider rocker, crib, and play pen which are all exciting.

I havent packed my hospital bag yet.. I keep procrastinating everything because I feel so tired all the time lol. Of course I do have a good 6 or 7 weeks to go if all goes normally.

Im starting to have a lot of problems with swelling. My hands swole up and turned all red yesterday and i could barely close my fists.. but a little better today. and my feet and ankles and legs ache like hell.. also my right arm and hand get tingly and fall asleep or go numb a lot. blood pressure is normal so that makes me worry a little less...hope it doesnt get much worse..
other than that feeling pretty good..

gonna put the crib up tonight hopefully

Old 09-11-2003, 08:10 AM   #12

Ally2001 HB User
Hello!

AEV, I'm glad to hear your appointment went well. Good luck with the results of your Group B strep test.

Heaven, WOW! you might get to meet your baby next week!! I can't believe were all getting so close to the end. I'm glad to hear your blood pressure is back to normal. Let us know how your blood work turns out. Thank you very much for the advice on getting rid of these hemorrhoids. I still have them and they hurt! Hopefully this will work for me as well.

UserName, I had a shower on Sunday as well. It sounds like you got a lot of nice things. My baby's nursery is a mess right now from everything I got Sunday. I need to get it organized.

------------------
Ally
IT'S A GIRL!!!

Old 09-12-2003, 08:48 AM   #13
Veteran

kmc235 HB User
Hi All,

I haven't been on the boards for a couple of days and I feel so out of touch already. I have to be quick because so much of my time is taken up now that we have my parents here. It's good though - keeps my mind off of the baby and all the waiting, waiting, waiting.

Went to my appt on Wednesday and everything was good. No Group B Strep and my blood pressure was actually low. Yay! Also, I was told that the baby was in a perfect position, although he hasn't dropped yet. The midwife did a non-stress test on him where she poked my stomach while listening to the heartbeat and it went up a bit and then dropped to normal. Guess that's what was supposed to happen, so that's good. She said that the baby could come any time since I'm nearly 38 weeks, but I know with my luck he'll be a couple of weeks late. I'm a real planner and very organized, so it's hard to sit around and not know when it's going to happen. Oh well, guess I just have to go with it this time.

Sounds like many of you might be September mommies. Definitely keep us updated on what's happening.

Take care!

------------------
EDD 10/1/03
Our first baby
IT'S A BOY!

Old 09-12-2003, 12:35 PM   #14

Karcia HB User
Hi all:

My Dr's appts went well. Sorry, I just have a sec here, so thought I'd get in a quick post. Baby is head-down! Hopefully he/she stays there. The countdown is on, less than a week now. Oh, good idea: I am making about 15 casseroles (3 x 5 different casseroles) and freezing them so that I can just pop them in the oven once the baby is here, and we'll still have a homemade, healthy meal. Just a quick tip. I am buying those disposable casserole dishes. I don't have 15 dishes of my own, that is for sure! My mom is coming over to help me. Since we are making 3 of each casserole, I figure we can have a little assembly line.
I'll post again soon.
K.

Closed Thread