It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
Armywife333rd

Post Tampons after pregnancy

I had my daughter 2 yrs ago and every since then I have not been able to wear a tampon. They feel very uncomfortable and do not fit quite right and are a little painful when I try to use them. I used to wear them religously before I became pregnant and now I can only wear pads. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesnt matter what size the tampon is either. Thanks

Old 09-12-2003, 11:49 AM   #2

2boys'momma HB User
I don't think I've ever heard that complaint. Have you asked your Dr. about it? Is sex painful as well? AF is enough of a drag without having an ill-fitting tampon! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 12:08 PM   #3
Armywife333rd

Certain positions can be uncomfortable during sex ie., legs over his shoulders different things like that, not to get into my sex life, but for the most part it is comfortable. I have not asked my doctor but maybe I will, I was hoping it was pretty common.

Old 09-12-2003, 12:57 PM   #4
Inactive

lovelyme HB User
Many woman, including myself, have the problem of them not staying in, however if they are not comfy it could be because you have not put them in as far as they can go. When you insert the applicator, do so until it is almost all the way inside where your fingers holding the grip part are nearly touching you. Push the tampon applicator all the way in to ensure it is in far enough. You should not be able to feel anything. If it feels fine at first and then begins to be uncomfortable again then it is likely that it is slipping down and that maybe you are no longer built to maintain them. This is very common. I just found that changing them more often than before helps.

Be careful, since there is nothing more uncomfortable than pulling out a nearly dry tampon.

Funny note: My girlfriends and I call tampons plugs. Kinda so no one would know exactly what we were talking about if we were ever discussing them or our period especially around guys.

------------------
Marie
Mommy of Julia, Grace and our brand new son Benjamin!

Old 09-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #5
Armywife333rd

I'm positive I'm placing them in correctly before my pregnancy I had no problem and they are uncomfortable from the start as soon as I try to put one in it starts to hurt. I just thought that since it happened after I had a baby something that might be the cause of it.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Here is another thought to think on. I use to have no problems with tampons but a bitt after my second son was born I noticed I could feel them when I use to couldnt. I had my annual pap and exam and the Dr said she noticed my uterus and cervix were tilited. I didnt think much of it at the time because I found out that it is common in my family and actually quite a few women have this.
Well as time passed(I would say my son was close to being 2 yrs old) I noticed it wasuncomfortable to wear tampons. Thankfully at the time I was hearing alot about Instead Cups. I decided to give those a try to see if things improved. Low and behold it was like when I first started using tapons. I didnt feel them at all and they werent uncomfortable.
I talked to my dr and explained what had been happening. She said that sometimes the cervix and uterus can tilt so much that sex and tampon usage is painful. Thankfully I havent had too much pain when it comes to sex.
So it could be your uterus has tilited that that is what is causing the discomfort with sex and tampons. You can talk to your doctor to see if that might be the case.
If so you dont have to use just pads. The cups I mentioned are great because you can wear them up to 12 hours and even during sex. Wal-Mart,Target and Wal_greens are the places I have seen that carry them.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Closed Thread