It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 11:21 AM   #1

Marnie HB User
Post Effects of my stress on baby/premature labor?

Hello,

I am 23 weeks preganant and my father and I are the only two employees at our family business. He was diagnosed with lung and bone cancer two weeks ago. This has been a major blow to me as we have worked together for 8 years and he is an awesome Dad. He is such a huge part of my life and it looks like we are not going to have him around for long.

I am dealing with this blow personally, and then there is the professional side. As the only employee left to handle things, I worked 80 hours in 5 days in the days following his initial emergency hospitalization. I was exhausted and overwhelmed. I think I felt some symptoms of pre-term labor, but my back could have ached from the long hours, etc.

I went in and got a fetal heartrate whih was strong. That felt better but I am still concerned about doing anything to hurt my baby or cause it to come early.

There is no way for me to control these stressors, if I could make this situation go away, I would, but I can't. Have any of you survived extreme stress during pregnancy?

Thanks, Marnie

Old 09-12-2003, 01:43 PM   #2
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Exclamation

Hi there,

I don't have any experience in your situation as I am pregnant with my first (I'm just about as pregnant as you), but I wanted to write to you anyway. I'm beginning to get some back pain also but I only work 40 hour weeks. I'm sending a prayer your way and hope you can get support through this difficult time.

((((((hugs)))))))
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 - Joshua James!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 04:34 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Hi, I'm 20 week swith my first and I don't know how you could work that much. I am very sorry about your father. Is there anyway you could hire on additional employees? I'm not sure the nature of the business, but it really sounds like you could use at least some temporary help. At some point, you are going to have a newborn and be unable to work also. Maybe there's something you can do to take some of the stress off of you. What about selling the business? Just some ideas. It sounds like the stress isn't technically hurting the baby but it's probably not helping any. In the meantime please take care of yourself! Eat! Be healthy. We are all here to help.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Closed Thread