It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
Question Reason to be concerned?

Went to the doctor today. Not sure there's much to tell though. Tyler's heartbeat was 143 and I'm measuring 24 weeks. Small problem - so to speak. According to their records I should only be 21w5d. SO.....at this point they don't know why Tyler is measuring larger than he should. They've scheduled another ultrasound for me on the 29th to do more measurements, etc. With being diagnosed with gestational diabetes, that would be reason to be concerned about him measuring too large. I feel like I am babbling. Anyone following any of this?

Anyway, who knows what to think. According to their charts, I would be 21w5d, but according to the ultrasound we had 3 weeks ago, I was 20 weeks at that time, which would make me 23 weeks right now. BUT....I'm measuring 24.

Who knows. Anyhoo, like I said, the ultrasound is on 9/29. Let's just hope and pray that we find out that he's healthy and growing like a weed. Who knows, maybe he has daddy's long legs or something and that's why he's ahead of us!

Anyone ever been through this? Should I be concerned?

Old 09-11-2003, 09:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Smile

Hello! I would not worry too much until you get the secound ultrasound report. I am 13 weeks and 2 days but I was measureing at 16 weeks we did a ultrasound that confirmed this and that there is only one healthy baby. The doc said if you are bloted or if your bladder is full during an internal examine by your ob that it does push your uterus out and make it appear to be larger than it is. It is possible that this is what happened with you. I am sure all is good or you may be just haveing a big baby. Good Luck

------------------
connie folger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2003, 09:45 AM   #3
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
My bladder was pretty full. Maybe not completely, but I did have to go! LOL

I'll wait patiently for the u/s (I'm glad that I'm getting another one!!!) and see what that says. There has been discussion of moving my EDD up, so maybe this will happen.

Thanks for responding!

Old 09-11-2003, 04:48 PM   #4

flesh_of_daisy HB User
I wouldent be worried. Its just like my docter telling me that my baby is about the size of an avacado, but theres a lot of different sizes of avacados big ones and little ones, that was dumb input buy my baby measured big to because he or she has really long legs. My docter didnt seem concerned.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:07 PM   #5

twila HB User
I always measured much bigger with my kids that the amount of weeks I was. Up to 2.5 wks larger. I did have big babies but very healthy and way ahead of most babies.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:14 PM   #6
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi, Just thought i would ask, how well is your gestational diabeties being controlled, this can cause large babies......I am type 2 diabetic and due to be induced in 2 weeks, and i will only be 37 weeks pregnant, this is because my baby is getting too big ! I am 35 weeks, measuring nearly 39 weeks ! Im surprised the doctors havent mentioned this to you especially with you having the gestational diabeties.....But on a lighter note, they do say its normal to measure 2 cms either way from how many weeks you actually are ....I would talk to your doctor

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Old 09-12-2003, 07:13 PM   #7
Veteran

pumpkinpatch73 HB User
I think it's being controlled pretty well. I have pretty normal readings. I think that I get up to 140 MAYBE once every 10 days or so. Nothing on a regular basis though. Normally when I take my numbers in at each appointment she'll ask me "what happened?" and I tell her that I was starving and overate. I'm having a lot of problems with getting hungry again within the two hours that I have to wait to take my blood again.

For the most part, my readings are pretty steady at fasting: 72-76 (RARELY higher than that - unless I ate something big the night before - right at bedtime), 2 hours after b'fast: 80-90, 2 hours after lunch: 90-100 (unless I eat a LOT of food - to where I know that they'll be high), 2 hours after dinner: 90-110.

Maybe I'm in denial, but I still really wonder if I do have GD. I know that I failed the test, but I just really wonder. Who knows. I'm probably just in denial! LOL

How have your readings been? Keep us posted on your scheduled c-section. Does your doctor say anything to you when you have higher numbers? Or just go with the flow? I always feel like I'm being looked down on. I'm not, but sometimes it really feels like it. Like "WHY are your numbers this high this date?????"

Closed Thread