It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #1

istar837 HB User
Post please help 16yr old!!

Please help me!! 1 week ago i performed a hand job on my boyfriend and im worried that i may be pregnant due to sperm getting into me somehow as he fingered me afterwards-im worried he had some semen on his hands. i have had irregular periods for about 2 years with it being normal for me to not get my period for 6 months although i noticed the tiniest amount of blood on my toilet paper yesterday. how can i tell if i am pregnant? if you are trying to convieve do u do have sex when u have your period? i have heard that sperm only survive for 2 seconds once being ejactulated-is this true? please help me - ill appreciate it very much.

Old 09-12-2003, 06:25 PM   #2

lollopop HB User
I don't know about the risk of you getting pregnant... I mean it is a small possibility that sperm could have come inside you and if it does, then it is always a small risk of getting pregnant.
The sperm can survive up to 4 days in the vagina, only if you are close to ovulation. If you are not ovulating at the time, the sperms can't survive very long. Something to do with PH I think or something like that.
I think that you could be quite safe to think that you are not pregnant, but you just never know. Go to 'family planning' and ask them to do a test in a few weeks time. Cause if you do a test now, it will not be able to tell. In a few weeks your body will produce the hormones that will show up pos. on the test in case you are preg.
Please don't worry... I am crossing my fingers for you....
If by all means you are preg. have you thought of what you would do?

Hugs Lollopop

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Actually sperm can live inside the female body between 3 to 7 days the average being 5 days.
Sperm can live up to four hours outside either body. That means after it has been ejaculated it can live up to four hours. Though in some cases it can live longer.

There is a slim chance of pregnancy from what you two were doing. You are going to have to wait another week or two before you can take a pregnancy test.

You really have alot to learn about sex and pregnancy. The chances of getting pregnant from having sex when one is on their period is extremely slim.
I strongly suggest you read the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It will teach you so much about your body. Yes even at 16 you should read it so you can understand your body.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 09-12-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
I really don't think you are pregnant....take a home pregnancy test when you miss your period. or go to planned parenthood and see a doctor there. good luck to you.

Closed Thread