It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2003, 04:24 PM   #1

nact HB User
Post when to tell people?

Hello everyone!

Just curious when most people decide to share the news of their pregnancy....right away? After 3 months or so? And what reasons for keeping quiet/telling right away??

TIA,
Kari

ttc#3

Old 09-09-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
Inactive

Jera HB User
I think a lot of people wait until after the first trimester when the risk of miscarriage is lower, etc. But, I just had my first ultrasound today to rule out ectopic, which I am high risk for. And it is in the Uterus!!! Yippee!!! So, I am just so excited that I don't think I am going to wait to tell people, I've already told a few and now I'm going to tell everyone and I'm only 6.5 weeks pregnant!

So, I think it is a personal choice. Perhaps if a woman has had several miscarriages and gets pregnant again, maybe she might want to wait awhile before she tells anyone. But, this is our first and it is just too hard to keep quiet about it! I think just do what feels right to you and tell people if you want to. Also....I am thinking that if something were to go wrong with my pregnancy and I didn't tell anyone, then it would be awful wouldn't it. You'd have to go through the whole thing by yourself as no one would know. I think it's much better to have support from your friends and family along the way.

Good luck to you!

-Jera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2003, 05:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Talking

Hello! Alot of women wait until they are going into the secound trimester as Jerra stated because you are less likely to miscarry. I am 13 weeks and 1 day and I told everyone early on even though I have a history of multipule m/c because it is just so exciteing to know that you are pg and it's hard to keep it a secret. I just came back from ultrasound to rule out twins due to my uterus measureing larger than it should no twins just one big healthy baby heartrate excellent at 156bpm. Good Luck and have a great pg

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-09-2003, 06:30 PM   #4
(female)

mommytobe HB User
i just found out at 4 weeks, & i couldnt hold it in, i had to tell! we'd been afraid i couldn't get pregnant, so i was too excited to hold it in!

Old 09-09-2003, 06:37 PM   #5

Shannon0421 HB User
I say don't hold back. Enjoy everyday of being pregnant and sharing your news with your family and friends. CONGRATULATIONS. I hope you have a healthy and safe pregnancy. Best of luck to you. Just remember friends and family are there to support you in good times and back. Reap the benefits of the good times.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:18 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I found out at 5 weeks that I was pregnant and I told absolutely everyone. I figured, no matter what happens, I am a mommy, even if something happened and I was a mommy to an angelbaby!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-10-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
(female)

kk1978 HB User
My dh wanted to wait until after the doctor would confirm it. So we waited and then told everyone. We tried for almost three years, so we wanted to make sure. I guess he is still a little paranoid. In the 20th week and he says we aren't buying anything for the baby until he sees the baby's head come out. lol I think mommy will start shopping a little bit if we find out what it is on Friday.

Old 09-12-2003, 07:42 AM   #8

twila HB User
Hi,
I would recommend waiting until 3 months or so. This is just my opinion. It's fun telling everyone that you are pregnant but telling people you lost a baby is devastating. I feared for days that if I seen someone I knew they would ask how the baby was and I wouldn't be able to handle it. I wish I had waited to tell people, I even had people judjing me on getting pregnant again so soon. They said even after you had all that trouble before. Good luck on your decision

Old 09-12-2003, 11:59 AM   #9

taharra HB User
Last year we got pregnant and told EVERYONE. Then I miscarried and it was so hard because people would ask how the baby was and I would have to tell them what had happened. It was very uncomfortable. We are pregnant again and had decided that this time we would wait until 13 weeks to tell everyone but we just couldn't do it. We were so excited and surprised that we told everyone right away! Now I'm a little over 10 weeks and I can't imagine not having told everyone yet, it's been so nice to have so much support and good wishes. I think it's a personal choice- some people are more comfortable waiting to tell and other people (like me) just can't keep their mouths shut!

Old 09-12-2003, 02:04 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Hi guys. I dont know how you could keep that a secret for three months. I was so sick and tired it was pretty obvious something wasn't right. I think anyone who spent time with me would be wondering "what on earth is wrong with her!" I had to tell people, if I didn't they would think I was really sick or something lol.

Old 09-13-2003, 05:46 AM   #11

TruBoo4Life HB User
I knew since conception and told my mom and aunt and bf.. "I think I am pregnant.. I think I am pregnant.." For a month I did this.. I finally got a positive and was 5 wks.. I TOLD EVERYONE!! Of course I have had m/c before but I didn't care.. I was so happy.. I had to tell everyone.. Now at almost 13wks.. I don't know how I could have waited to tell.. I am glad I told immediately, if it were to happen that I m/c I would have the support of my family.. Good Luck and Blessing to all..
Jeremiah-22
IT'S A GIRL- Symone Lynn
EDD 3-24-03 to 4-1-03

Old 09-13-2003, 06:27 AM   #12
Inactive

UHC HB User
I told my closest friends and family when I started trying to concieve (8/15/03) by 08/30/03 they knew I was expecting to get my period, I was late 1 day, we took two pregnancy test and IT WAS POSITIVE. I had to tell everybody cause they wanted to know if I had gotten my period or not. I am so HAPPY. I am now 6 weeks and all is going great.
I feel so blessed to have had concieved the first time we tried, I hope that my pregnancy goes great and that in 7 months I can meet my 1st born

Closed Thread