It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #1
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Post TINKERS

Hi Lisa,
Glad to hear everything is going ok for you so far....Just thought I would give you some info you may find useful down the track......They say the most important time to keep your sugar levels strictly under control is in the third trimester....Of course its important your whole pregnancy, but the last trimester is when the baby does the most growing.....I was also measuring fine until i hit about 30 weeks....Im now measuring 38 weeks and I am nearly 35 weeks....so if you can, be as strict as possible in the last trimester....Its especially hard then as well as my doctor told me that the placenta excretes some hormone in the last trimester that messes around with your sugar levels, so sometimes even when you think you are doing everything right, you still have high sugar levels ! So how have your sugar levels been so far ????? I have my good and bad days .....They already told me that they will stop the insulin and monitor me when the baby is born WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO lol I get so sick of it ! So 17 more days for me then into hospital.....Thanks for the info about inducing....I have been told by other people that the contractions can be worse in your back when you have been induced.....If its too hard to handle i plan on having an epidural anyway.....MY doctor said they actually encourage epidurals in cases like mine in case they need to do an emergency c section......Anyway hope you are feeling well and I will keep you posted how I go

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Sorry I took awhile to answer. I been out for a couple of days. Thank you for the info. I just had the AFP test and everything was normal. My HA1C is 4.9, so at least now everything is great. My sugars are usually between 70 to 120. But my doctor told me also that the further along I get, the harder to manage sugar levels. I am getting so nervous. I am gaining weight now. So far only 4 lbs and I am 20 weeks. I can't believe it's almost time for you to meet your little one! I pray that all goes really well. I am sure it will!!!!!

------------------
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 02-04-04
#3 It's a boy!

Closed Thread