It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

kk1978 HB User
Post ? about kicking

I am wondering if anyone else has this going on. I am 20 prego this week and I still haven't really felt the baby kicking. I can feel the baby in different places and it has stuck something out up top and I felt that for a few seconds, but no kicking. Isn't that kind of weird. Does anyone know anything about it. Could it be that the baby is turned in so I feel the baby pushing, but it is kicking on the inside. Last time we saw the baby it was very active. I was just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this same thing.
I have my big u/s on Friday and so I will find out if everything is all right and also hopefully what sex it is. Everyone pray it's a boy for me. PLEASEEEEEEEEE!!!
I have two girls, really want a boy.. But of course first and for most just to be healthy boy or girl... Thanks everyone... kk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
Not too sure about the kicking thing but wanted to send baby boy vibes your way!! First and foremost want to wish you a healthy baby, then want to wish you a baby boy!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 12:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I'm 20 weeks too, and I feel movement way more than kicks. I've only felt kicks, or what I thought were kicks a couple of times. They were when I was sitting quitely, not really moving. I can't feel them from the outside yet though. I had my 20 week u/s yesterday and the little monkey was facing my back, so it's kicking my insides! I think it's still too early to feel big kicks like ones someone else can feel with their hand on your tummy. I can't wait for those ones! Then maybe my bf won't think I'm crazy when I tell him I can feel Tito(that's what we call it, weird since I think it's a girl!)

Good luck!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 09-10-2003, 12:32 PM   #4
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Talking

Hi!

I'm 22 weeks and I can feel slight kicks but much more movement. Easy to feel from the inside but not from the outside. My dh thought maybe he could feel something with his hand last night for the first time. So I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone seems to feel movements and kicks at different times and you're right at the beginning zone so just hang in there. You'll be feeling your little one soon enough.

Lots of BLUE VIBES your way sweetie!!
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 - Joshua James!

Old 09-10-2003, 04:10 PM   #5
Veteran

mysurprisebaby34 HB User
Hi , I just wanted to reassure you that this is totally normal ! I didnt feel ANYTHING until I was nearly 24 weeks pregnant and my SIL didnt feel anything till 25 weeks....Everybody is different

------------------
EDD 18/10/2003
ITS A GIRL
will be induced late Sept early Oct

Old 09-10-2003, 04:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
I am 19 weeks and I don't feel too much right now. I feel the baby every now and then but nothing constant. But the baby's healthy so I am trying not to worry.

------------------
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 02-04-04
#3 It's a boy!

Old 09-11-2003, 06:17 AM   #7
(female)

kk1978 HB User
Thank-you for all of your answers. That helps a lot. I have two little girls, but it just doesn't seem the same. I could have sworn I felt the baby kicking earlier, that was why I was concerned. But I have my big day tomorrow... Hopefully they can see what it is.. Pretty pretty please be a boy... he he Good Luck everyone... kk

Old 09-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #8

*AnGeL* HB User
Wink

Hi there.

I first felt my movements before 20 weeks, and by 20 weeks you could definately feel them from the outside, but everyone has commented on how my one month old daughter is unbelievably strong. Some days though she did not kick much at all, and i was told that it means they are facing your back so you cannot feel them, which is more than likely what is happening to you.

A midwife when i was in labour, asked me what i thought i was having, and i said a boy because my baby was soo strong and active, and she guessed it would be a girl because from her experiences, boys are less active, so you just might be getting the little boy you want soo bad... I hope Plus, you commented that you had two girls previously who started kicking earlier, so the midwifes philosophy, may just be right!

Whatever the outcome, i hope you have a healthy and happy baby.

If you are concerned about the lack of movement, just ask the doctor, they can tell you from the ultrasound if all is okie dokie!

Oh, and remember, even if they say you are having a girl, it could be a boy who is hiding his little thingy! So, don't give up hope!!!!!

Good luck, and make sure you write and tell us what you are having

Closed Thread