It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2003, 10:47 AM   #1

sweetbelky HB User
Question Rapid Fetal Movement? Seizure?

I just really started to feel the baby moving (a LOT) the last few days, and (s)he's really moving like crazy. Sometimes in the same location where the baby always kicks, I will have this super fast "spasm/vibration" like sensation that lasts maybe 15 seconds or so. It feels like the baby, but if (s)he is moving that fast, I am a little worried. Is that normal? I mean, it feels like the baby is having a seizure or something. I know this sounds bizarre, but it freaks me out a little bit.

Any ideas anyone?

------------------
~Cathy
ds 12/1/93
edd 2/28/04

Old 09-10-2003, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

kk1978 HB User
I don't think you have any thing to worry about, I was reading about something like this the other day and the book said that sometimes the baby will move like non stop, constantly hitting and kicking. But it may be different parts hitting you like legs and arms. Summersaulting perhaps. lol They say that babies are like gymnasts in your stomach. But hey if you are really concerned than perhaps you should consult your doctor to put your mind at ease. Because if you are stressed out about it your baby is stresses as well. Good Luck....kk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2003, 01:12 PM   #3

sweetbelky HB User
Thanks for your reply. It probably is fine; it's just so easy to get worried about little things sometimes when you're pregnant.

I had called my doctor's office earlier today and spoke with a nurse to relay the message to the doctor. She just called me back, and I am pretty upset (pg hormones) about the response.

The doctor said that at 15 1/2 weeks, that would probably be the absolute "earliest" that I should be feeling fetal movements, and those should be MILD. He also conveyed that what I was feeling was probably my bowels/gas. I was utterly appalled that they would so easily dismiss my assessment of what I'M feeling in MY body. I've been pregnant before, and I KNOW what a baby feels like. My husband and son could even feel and see the baby kicking!

You would think that as long as he's been a doctor (around 20 years), that he would realize by now that all pregnancies are different and that not everyone is a textbook case! He obviously did not take my concerns seriously, and I am very insulted by that. I wish now that I would not have even called in the first place.

I just had to get that rant off my chest. Thanks for listening.

------------------
~Cathy
ds 12/1/93
edd 2/28/04

[This message has been edited by sweetbelky (edited 09-10-2003).]

Old 09-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I was actually wondering the exact same thing because I'm now 38 weeks 3 days and sometimes when my little guy moves it feels almost like he's having seizures or something. But it's just that he has no room to move (even when your not very far along, theres not too much room) so everytime he kicks my belly, it makes everything wobble. Pregnancy is hard though because it's almost the fear of the unknown. Since you can't see your little baby, it's hard to know if everything is fine!!

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Old 09-11-2003, 05:21 AM   #5
(female)

kk1978 HB User
Don't worry about that doctor though. I felt the baby move at about the same time. I didn't feel a whole lot of kicking, still don't, but the baby moved up to the top of my stomach and was sitting there and you could actually put your hand on it and feel it. It was pretty cool. My neighbor friend got to put her hand on it to before it moved, so I knew I wasn't crazy when the doctor looked at me as if I was nuts. lol So don't be concerned about what other people think, you know what you feel.. Good Luck... kk

Old 09-14-2003, 05:08 PM   #6

*AnGeL* HB User
I first felt my little girl (who is now one month old) kick at around 16 weeks also.

I wouldn't be too concerned, i thought my baby was having fits too, but it's just the way they move. It's funny when they get the hiccups and stuff, as they feel like little spasms also. It's only natural to worry and 99% of the time, everything is fine!

Good luck with everything though. I hope all goes well!

Closed Thread