It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 07:26 AM   #1
Inactive

UHC HB User
Post Anything we can do to lower our chances for Miscarege?

I have heard enough about the 1st 3 months of pregnancy being really dangerous, And to tell you the truth, at 6 weeks Is all I think about, I am scared that something could go wrong. Is there any advice to lower our chances to lose our babies?

It's my 1st pregnancy and I would do anything to lower the risk

Old 09-13-2003, 09:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
I know how you feel. Can you imagine what it would be like if you were one of the women on here who have had a miscariage (or several) There isn't much you can do unfortunately. In most cases a miscariage is caused by a serious defect in the fetus. Once it starts there is really no way to stop it. I had a terrible bleed at 13 weeks and thought for sure I was losing the baby. It was a horrible feeling. Luckily we were both ok. Once you here a helthy heartbeat and see your baby via u/s, the chances of m/c go way down. Try to think positive and enjoy this time!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 01:07 PM   #3

anrui HB User
I have heard that cutting out caffeine is one way to reduce the risk.

Old 09-14-2003, 03:42 PM   #4

twila HB User
Hi, I would recomend putting your doctors app. as first priority. I had a m/c at 7.5 wks. and never went to the doctor yet. I had a bad infection and didn't know it. I wonder if this is what caused it all the time. Good luck

Old 09-14-2003, 05:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
I had the same feelings you are having right now at that stage of my pregnancy.

Stay off your feet, dont lift things, cutting out caffeine can also reduce risk ( i cut out caffeine out of my diet when i was pregnant ) things like that, and of course getting to your doc ASAP, can all help reduce the chance. Miscarriage isnt ALWAYS a defect in the fetus. The mother can do things to cause a miscarriage ... so just take it easy, and dont stress, because that also can make problems.Believe it or not, even when you get passed the stage where miscarriage is more likely, you never stop worrying about your baby.
So try and relax and ENJOY your 9 months!

Old 09-15-2003, 04:24 AM   #6

abbilita HB User
Unhappy

i've had a miscarriage, it was my first pregnancy. My doc told me it was more common for the first pregnancy and that many women dont even realise they are pregnant and think it is just a heavy period. You need to cut out stress,dont do anything to energetic. Also there are foods you can avoid- uncooked pork and eggs, raw fish, liver, pate, soft cheese, pre-prepared meals, haggis, economy meat. Also i've heard that travelling by plane during the first trimester can increase your chances of a miscarriage.

Closed Thread