It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2003, 06:59 PM   #1

wazzle HB User
Post the pill...how long before it is effective?

i'm a college student and my doctor just prescribed me the pill. i read the information that came with it and it said that after a week of being on it i would be protected against pregnancy. only, my doctor told me to wait a month. i'm just wondering how long is really necessary. i know there is always a risk...but how long until the pill reaches it's intended effectiveness. thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
My dr has always told me that the pill takes a month to be effective. You should use back up protection (condom) for that time. Just a caution: I got pregnant while on the pill. It can happen. Using a condom, especially in the first month is the best. Read the insert that came with the pill because they are different.
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
I belive it takes a month before ot is effective against pregnancy cause your body has to build up with the pill. I could be wrong about the lenghth of time but my doctor said for me to use a condom or another form of birth control along with the pill for at least 30-60 days.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-15-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
I belive it takes a month before it is effective against pregnancy because your body has to build up with the pill. I could be wrong about the lenghth of time but my doctor said for me to use a condom or another form of birth control along with the pill for at least 30-60 days.

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
it depends on what pill you are on.
I was on allesse and i was told to use backup for 7 days...of course, i was at it, after about 3 days with no backup and I'm not pregnant.
But again, it depends on what pill you are on. You should have it in your system for 7 days before going without backup.

Closed Thread