It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #1

sweetbelky HB User
Question Abdominal Pulsations

Iím about 16 weeks pregnant. I can feel my blood pulsing VERY STRONGLY around my uterus on the left side and also in the vicinity of my left ovary. It reminds me of how a garden hose would react to being constricted.

Is it normal to feel this? Could the pressure of my growing uterus and the rearrangement of my organs be causing this constrictive feeling? I know that with pregnancy thereís a lot going on in my body, so maybe itís no big deal. But it still feels weird and it can be rather distracting.

------------------
~Cathy
ds 12/1/93
edd 2/28/04

Old 09-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #2

ordinarymom HB User
Have you felt the baby move yet? Some times at this stage it can just feel like tapping. It could be just the uterus stretching and such. If you have not felt the baby move yet then I bet that this could be it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
It sounds like you're feeling movement to me too!!
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 09-12-2003, 05:24 PM   #4

sweetbelky HB User
Well, I initially thought it was the baby moving, but my doctor dismissed this assessment, saying it was too early to feel it so strongly and must be gas. I also got a similar second opinion from another doctor.

This response set off a whole gamut of emotions with me. First I was frustrated and angry that these doctors didn't "believe" me, and later I started doubting what I had felt in the first place.

For a few days, it seemed as though the baby was really moving a LOT. Then it just seemed to stop. But when I started questioning what I had felt, taking into account what the doctors had said (even though I didn't like it) and trying to make sense of the whole situation, my heart just broke. I didn't know what to believe. It felt as though all the LIFE I was feeling inside my uterus just died and went away. It felt so empty.

As a result of all this, I am now too afraid to trust myself about what is really the baby moving and what's not. I know this probably sounds neurotic, but I guess pregnancy can do strange things to a woman. I am normally a very logical and sensible person, but this little situation sorta sent me for a loop.

They say that ignorance is bliss, and in retrospect I would not have even brought this up to the doctors! At least then I could've thought all along that it was the baby and not have had to go through that unnecessary worry.

Anyway, whether or not it is the baby, I have to comfort myself in knowing that there is a life inside me regardless if I feel it or not, and that I will know FOR SURE in due time.

Old 09-14-2003, 07:00 AM   #5

flesh_of_daisy HB User
I felt my baby move for the first time when I was 15 weeks and it was such a solid movment that I knew it wasnt gas and was the baby. I can still feel the baby move but its not consistant and it happens usually when Im not paying attention and I thing, "Was that the baby?" They are strong beuightifull feelings and if your instincts tell you that its the baby, it probabley is. Docters arnt always right, I heard a lot of people say that they could feel the baby or even see the baby because it was resting on one side and the docters told them it couldent be.

Old 09-14-2003, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB UserBarbaraH HB User
Hi,

In early pregnancy (2 to 4 months), I remember feeling my pulse in my abdomen when I was leaning with my stomach against a door and looking out the window. It kind of bumped rhythmically against the door. It was so odd! I decided it was my decending aorta carrying extra blood, but I did lean a few extra times over the next few weeks to assure myself I wasn't imagining things. I was thin at the time, and my doctor said that was why I felt it so clearly.

Hope this helps! Barbara

Old 09-15-2003, 10:34 AM   #7

ordinarymom HB User
Okay, When I was pregnant with my first, I remember the first time I felt movement. I was lying in the sun out side on my patio. I was still wearing a bikini so I was not showing therefore I was probably around 4 months. I could feel a tapping between my body and the ground. I jumped up and thought I was laying on a bug! It was definately movement. So hurry up and sprawl out on the floor to see if you feel it! Ha! Ha! And razzberries to the doctors. They do not know for certain that you are feeling movement or not! unles they want to do an ultrasound while they test you on whether or not you can feel it, they don't know for certain! I really think that at this time you could be feeling this baby. Soon you will have more definate movements and you will know for sure. It feels so awesome. Good luck!

Old 09-16-2003, 10:19 AM   #8
(female)

daina HB User
I started feeling the baby move at 14 weeks, but when I told my doctor he said that it was way too soon. Now I am 19 weeks and I definitely feel the baby move, just the same feeling as before but now a lot stronger and more often.

daina

------------------
EDD Feb 7, 2004

Closed Thread