It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 11:23 AM   #1

Fetch HB User
Question Pregnancy Test

Last night I took a pregnancy test 4 days before my period is due. The lines are supposed to be pink and look like this l l (parallel) but my lines looked like this l -

The perpendicular line was DEFINITELY pink! Has anyone ever experienced this? Maybe I should call the company to see if they've heard of it. I sooo want to be pregnant - I thought for sure the test was going to be positive. Now I'm wondering if I took it too early or if it just means plain old negative. Any thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 11:30 AM   #2

your_mum_350 HB User
I took a pregnancy test yesterday and mine did this also. Until about 8 min. after that test. The test packet said not to wait that long, to determine whether or not you were pregnant after 5 minutes. What kind of test did you take? Maybe you should take a different brand... one of those that doesn't have the lines, but something else. Maybe that'll work. I don't know what it is... I'm just as confused as you. I'm 5 days late for my period though. I hope we figure it out! If you get any info about it, let me know. We can help eachother find out what it was.

------------------
--ME

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 PM   #3

ordinarymom HB User
This does not indicate a positive result, sorry. The pink that you see move across the test window can cause horizontal streaks that should fade but sometimes can be seen faintly. When you have a positive result it is a parallel line that you would see. Believe me if it is negative then you can't even see a faint line when you take the test apart and hold the strip up to the light! HA! Yes, I've done it. When it is positive you can see a line and there is usually no doubt even if it is very pale. HOWEVER, I think that 4 days early can be early enough to not be able to detect enough hormone in your body. There is still a chance so test again in 4 or 5 days! Good luck!!

Old 09-16-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
I would retest in a few days and see what your result is. I took a hpt four days before af was due it came back - and then I took one three days later and it was a faint positive and I indeed am very pregnant. I am 14 weeks now so it may have been just to early also some womens bodies donot show the hcg hormone in their urine but it will be positive with a blood test so if af still doesn't show I would call your and ask if they could do a pregnancy blood test. good Luck ladies

------------------
connie folger

Old 09-16-2003, 08:31 PM   #5

Fetch HB User
Well, I was at the docs today on an unrelated matter and asked that they test me and it was negative.

I bought the package that has 3 tests so I will hopefully not get my period and test again! When I was pregnant with my son three years ago I just *knew* I was before I tested. This is how I feel right now, that's why I tested so early. I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks for the replies.

Closed Thread