It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2003, 03:34 PM   #1

felix1 HB User
Post Maternity Jeans/Pants

Hi again,

So I have a question for those that are further along them me. I am reaching 11 weeks and of a small frame and had to go and buy some overalls this weekend b/c clothes were feeling too restrictive.

What are the best pants to get...low rise or the panel ones? And have any of you managed to stay in the low rise ones in the last trimester? It seems that they are recommended for the 1-2nd trimester, yet I so like these over the panel variety.

Thanks
-n

Old 09-15-2003, 03:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User
I wore the low rise panel the first.....24 weeks, then they got way too uncomfy. Now I find that I can't wear any pants that are not over my belly.

Angela

------------------
EDD with baby #1 for hubby and I September 21st, 2003! It's A BOY!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2003, 05:45 PM   #3

Tiff Tiff HB User
I wore lowrise shorts the whole time (i am just a few days to my due date) and it was fine for me.. but with pants i have the kind that go over your belly, but not the pannel kind. i had one pair that was pannel and those were the only ones that got too small. i would recommend the kind with just the extra cloth that go up over your belly (but NOT the pannel.. they were uncomfy for me!)

and i also have pants(regular.. not maternity) that have elastic waistband (kinda like sweatpants or jogging pants) and they just sit right below my belly.. i find those are overall the most comfy!! but i feel like a bum when i wear them usually b/c they are kinda like i said sweatpants, not realy my style. but they are good for not going anywhere special.

it realy depends on the way that you carry the baby and how big you get and your personal choice about the type of pants that you are most comfortable in. hope u find something u like!

------------------
EDD Sept. 21. It's a boy!! Tyler Shawn is my lil' angel

Old 09-16-2003, 03:38 PM   #4

nvu_nvr HB User
I wore low rise most of the time because I have such a tiny body and loved to show off my belly but did have a pair or two with the panel. I have to say that if you can afford it, Old Navy and Gap Maternity have the most comfortable jeans. Also, if you have a Target near you, they now carry Liz Lange and her clothes are great at an affordable price.

[This message has been edited by nvu_nvr (edited 09-16-2003).]

Old 09-16-2003, 06:03 PM   #5

Tiff Tiff HB User
oh ya i would say check out target.. i got 3 pants there and a top there that i realy liked and wore a lot.. very comforatable.. and i must have gone at the right time cuz the pants were on sale for $5!! can't beat that!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:20 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Lovie_Me HB User
Well, I work also a part time job at GAP. They just had a maternity section, and I helped a pregnant women get the lowrise jean. They were gokod because she was small framed and they fit bellow her belly. The maternity pant costs a little more. Hope that helps.

Closed Thread