It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2003, 04:32 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Post Jan/Feb Moms New

I thought I'd start a new thread since the old one is getting pretty long. Lilmom, I am so glad you had such a great time with your hubby. The fainting/weakness sounds like exhaustion/lack of proper food. Next time take a break from all the fun stuff and grab a sandwich!!! LOL! I hope that's all it was. I have my big u/s on tuesday too. I've heard some conflicting thoughts, so I may be able to tell the sex after all. I hope so. I think it's a girl, but I could be wrong. I had a dream last night and it was a boy and I kept forgetting him, and all he did was cry, I couldn't pick him up right, and he wouldn't latch on. I'm sure I'll have many more dreams like this before the big day.

The crappy thing that happened to me this week is that I have carpal tunnel in my left hand now! I work with my hands and have read that carpal tunnel is common during pg. It really hurts. I'm going to try and see my dr next week to see if there is anything I can do about it. I have been having a problem with swelling too. Isn't this supposed to happen later? Good news! My bf and I have narrowed down our home search to two places and will make an offer on one of them next week! It's so exciting to be buying our first house, but very scary to be getting into so much debt too!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2003, 09:34 PM   #2

warrsav2savage HB User
Hello everyone -
This weather is making me nuts! Its so nice and COLD at night, but today during the day it was so hot I couldn't leave the house! I am sooooooo happy that I'm due in February! Better snow than heat! On top of all that, the heat makes my sinuses hurt! (Gotta love the heightened senses with pregnany!) Other than that - I think I'm progressing normally! I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see for sure (I cant wait).

Sometimes I feel butterflies in my tummy and I am hoping that its really the baby moving! I'm so excited!!!!!

Hey Lilmom - glad to hear you had a great trip! I bet the fainting was low blood sugar - I get the EXACT same way, especially with the heat of the shower. So, get checked out and let us know!

Talk to you all soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Blech....I just got back from the dr and I am on do nothing for three days rest. I have a bladder infection, diarrea (TMI I know), low blood pressure, AND carpal tunnel. I had to get a huge splint thingy for my wrist, it made it feel better, buy it still kills. Good news! Baby is fine. My dr said it is probably feeling better than me right now!. I get to see it tomorrow morning, Yayy! I hope you all are doing better!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004

[This message has been edited by chrissy333 (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-08-2003, 02:53 PM   #4

warrsav2savage HB User
Hey Chrissy - That really stinks! I hope you feel better soon, but thank goodness the baby's good!

Here's a general question: I just got back from the doctor, and the heartbeat sounds slower than last month. OB said its normal (its 156) but my DH even said he thought it was slower. Is this normal?

Old 09-08-2003, 02:54 PM   #5

warrsav2savage HB User
Hey Chrissy - That really stinks! I hope you feel better soon, but thank goodness the baby's good!

Here's a general question: I just got back from the doctor, and the heartbeat sounds slower than last month. OB said its normal (its 156) but my DH even said he thought it was slower. Is this normal?

Old 09-09-2003, 11:03 AM   #6
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Sorry Chrissy that they wouldn't tell you the sex, but a few weeks can you have another U/S so they can tell you?
Talk to my MW and she said it was probably justa mixture of things, emotional, physical strain. I had eaten a fairly good breakfast that morning, and I do have problems with my blood sugar being severly low, but it usually gives me some warning, I've never let my self get to the point of passing out, with this I simply didn't have any warning. DH was scared to death and kept telling me "if you had just warned me I could have gotten you out sooner" like I had any choice in the matter He was so sweet, babying me the way he did
BIG U/S on Thr........... I'm excited but, oh I don't know, maybe it's this darn cold that has me down a bit.
Talk at ya later. P.S. we are trying to find a new boys name, any ideas?

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 9 months
DH returning from OIF November 2006!

Old 09-09-2003, 05:35 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
i'm glad to here you are ok lilmom!
Warrtosavage, my baby's hb was 148 today, and they said it was normal. There is an old wive's tale that says boy's hbs are faster. Maybe you have a boy, I have a girl? I wouldn't worry though.

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004

Old 09-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

tinkers HB User
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well. I had an u/s today at 19 weeks. I measure almost 20 weeks, but according to my last period I should be 21 weeks. SO who knows! Well it's a boy! I am so excited!

------------------
Tink (Lisa)
EDD 02-04-04
#3 Jordan or Brett

Old 09-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Congratulations Lisa!! You have some kids now right? Are they boys or girls or both? We might end up having our babies really close! I guess that could be true with any of us.

Old 09-14-2003, 09:54 AM   #10
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Hi gals,
Doing good over here, last night I had indigestion from H--- couldn't get rid of it, it felt like i was going to die!
Talked to DH last night, he really feels this one will be preemie too, I pray not, I don't know if I can go through that again. Maybe he is just trying to prepare himself, I don't know. A HUGE weight will be lifted off of my shoulders when i hit 24wks though, it's a good chance that the baby would live in an incubator then.
My oldest sister is due on the 5th of Oct, but she will have it early, I'm guessing in about a week and a half to two weeks, hopefully she'll have him AFTER her baby shower on Sat ha,ha,ha. anybody here having a baby shower? I don't need one I still have my stuff from my last one.
Oh the U/S guy said I have a long placenta and that it starts at the very top and completly covers the back of my uterus, woohoo!!! yeah! That's a good thing
Hope you all are feeling well, you must be busy, it's been kinda quiet. Have a great day!

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 9 months

Old 09-14-2003, 04:32 PM   #11

warrsav2savage HB User
Hey there! I havent been busy, just really nervous! A woman I know just had a miscarriage at 6 months. It made me very nervous since I just started my 5th month (we think she lost it from smoking and drinking - baby was REALLY small) and since I dont do either I dont know why I'm so scared! I also have been watching maternity shows, and they always show the bad ones with birth defects and stuff! I need to just lock myself inside and unplug the tv!!!!! AAHHHHHH

Other than that, I think I'm progressing normally.

Chrissy - Thats funny that you said boys heartbeat are faster, because I've heard that girls h/b are faster!! hahah, I'd like to know what we are each having and see if they are different sexes! My BIG u/s should be Oct 7th, as long as my OB gets a new technician!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Old 09-15-2003, 12:28 PM   #12
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Uh yeah, okay.......... whatever.
Feeling good, talked to DH last night, He likes the name Morgan, but we still aren't sure yet, I told him that we have some time
I know I watch all of those delivery shows too, but they don't bother me, except the preemie ones......... kinda to close for comfort if you know what I mean, I just cry adn cry if I watch one of those! I have a busy week and I'm looking forward to it, keeping me busy, trying not to miss Hubby too much I've been doing a lot of quilting and I enjoy it, but I think my fingers arre going to fall off
Tuna sounds REALLY good, but I know the smell will make me sick and I know I'm not supposed to eat alot of it., but is it still ok for a little bit?

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 9 months

Old 09-16-2003, 12:11 PM   #13
Veteran

lilmom HB User
Hello all,
Tonight I go to my first childbirth class, we did these with the last preg. but didn't get half through them before I had our son So I'm looking forward to going through the whole thing ha,ha.
Last night I started feeling crampy, like period cramps, I did pelvic rocks before bed, but it didn't go away. I've taken my calcium and my prenatals, so I'm not sure why I'm feeling these, are any of you guys feeling that cramp? I have an appt with MW tonight before the class so I'll ask them, but thought I'd ask you guys, see if you had any ideas.
I signed up for my aquatic fitness class, it starts of the 29th I'm looking forward to it.
Wed. morning I'm having 1 tooth pulled, it's bad and they are sure it's dead, can't afford another infection. I'm having MANY fillings done next month after ins. kicks in, I've asked them to try and do the fillings w/o novacane, we shall see how that works, but tomorrow I'll be feeling no pain. It's the lesser of the two evils.

------------------
EDD 2/5/04
#1 Tate 9 months

Old 09-16-2003, 01:14 PM   #14
Veteran

PurpleLightning HB User
Talking

Lilmom,

I, too, am having one filling done at the end of this month. My doctor said the novacane was OK but I'm still nervous. I hadn't been to the dentist except to have my wisdom teeth pulled in a VERY LONG TIME!! I'm glad I only have one cavity. Good luck to you and I'll let you know how mine goes if you're interested!

I've been waking up with calf muscle cramping in the night twice now - the pain is unbearable!! I've heard it's from lack of calcium but I eat lots of diary and take my vitamins everyday so I don't know what's going on. I had dh rub my calf and it didn't happen last night so we'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well. My baby's kicking up a storm!
J.

EDD 01/12/04 With #1 - Joshua James!

Old 09-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Arrg!! I just wrote a long post and it wouldn't let me post it!!! If this worked I will be back later to post it again!

------------------
Christine,
due with #1 Jan 22, 2004

Closed Thread