It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pregnancy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2003, 10:10 AM   #1

lcsabbagh HB User
Post Anyone elese fed up?

Hello ladies I have been visting this board regularly since i got pregnant i never post it. I am Due Nov. 2nd but u won't belive how fed up i am!!! I am hate beign pregnant my back and shoulders hurt all the time, its no easy for me to move anymore my stomach gets in the way, my face is changing i am breaking out my nose has gotten bigger it feels like forever.
Am i beign a bad mother for feeling that way? is it normal?

Old 09-16-2003, 11:05 AM   #2

ordinarymom HB User
Wink

You want to hear some thing funny? It is to me any how. When I was pregnant with my second child, I don't think that I slept through a night after my 10th week into it. Now I didn't just wake up and fall back to sleep. I would be wide awake after 3 hours of sleep and finally would get out of bed and go watch the infomercials at 4 am. One night I was feeling pretty bad and I hurt every where. I actually sat on the couch at 4 am, crying and thought " Oh my God, I already know I don't like this baby!" then I spent the next hour crying and praying that nothing bad would happen because I said that. Yep I went through the face looking worse than a teen agers and the whole thing. Hang in there. Now I think that I have a pretty good sense of humor but after the baby came he was a pain in the butt! Ha! Ha! He cried all the time and I swear would keep me awake at about the same time I would get up at night before. My mom kept asking me if I was in love yet and for the first two weeks I answered "well, he's cute but I'm about ready for his real parents to come and get him!" Really I never meant it at all but sometimes you're just tired! Now if feeling like crap makes you a bad mom then we are all there with you. You are normal! Have you tried one of those elastic things that goes around your belly to help support it? It's supposed to help the strain on your back. I hope you feel better and hang in there because this too shall pass!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Meg28 HB User
You know what? It's a crock that every woman absolutely LOVES being pregnant and glows and floats through her pregnancy and falls in love with her baby as soon as she sees him/her.
I went into my pregnancy with that notion, thinking I would be happier than I ever was, enjoying every movement my child made, loving how my body "blossomed" into motherhood.
Well, I hated it. Right from the beginning. I threw up for the first trimester, the second trimester I was a wreck and I can't even explain the horrors of the third. I thought I would go nuts every time my child kicked me in the ribs as I desperately tried to sleep, which by the way, I found impossible. My body "blossomed" into my mother's body.
Then my son was born. He was gorgeous. He was perfect. He was a stranger.
The first time we left the house we went to a coffee house and sat down and just stared at him. I looked at my husband and said, "Do you feel it yet?" He said, "What?" I said, "Are you in love with him?" He replied, "Not yet, but we will be."

And the end of this rant is that shortly after that we DID fall in love with our son because we got to know him, he became part of our family and I would be pregnant a hundred more times just to have him over again.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:30 AM   #4
(female)

slaughter17 HB User
Exclamation

I know how you gals feel. I lvoed my first pregnacy. I loved getting fat fand having heart burn. And I fell completly in love with her when she was born. But, Now that I am pregnant again. It is totaly different! I am only 12 weeks in to this and I hope I will find some joy soon. I went to see the heartbeat thinking it would help me want this baby. It didn't. My husband thinks I am being selfish. Because I had to quit drinking and such. That is not the case at all! I like it just being the 3 of us. I am not ready to love another one. What if I don't love it as much as I do Jade? I feel terrible for saying these things but this time around sucks! I pray that I will like this SOON!

Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 PM   #5
(female)

daina HB User
It is nice to know that there are other women out there that feel different from what for some reason is considered to be the norm. One can't help but feel guilty when their pregnancy is not necessarily what others describe it to be. Thank you for bringing this up. I had been thinking about it for so long.

daina

------------------
EDD Feb 7, 2004

Old 09-19-2003, 08:19 AM   #6

ordinarymom HB User
Slaughter17
I think that for most women, second pregnancies are harder. Your body, uterus, and pelvic bones all move alot easier because they have been stretched before.
My husband was the one with the reservations about a second child particularly when he found out that it was another boy. He really felt depressed and thought he could not love another like he loved the first. When I delivered he looked at our 2nd son with tears and said "and daddy thought he couldn't love you. Now I know I could love ten more." It is amazing how you can love them. My 2 boys are as different as can be. I loved my first pg and hated my second. My first born was an EASY baby and child and my second had colic, walked at 8 months and has already been burnt on the hand, gotten stiches and I've had to call poison control at least 4 times! He just turned 3. The child is non stop! But you know what, He has my heart. He is a rascle one minute but can melt me in an instant with that little gap tooth grin of his! All I can say is that there is room for more love in your heart. More than you could imagine. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Closed Thread